About the organisation
About the role
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest metropolitan public health services. They provide a comprehensive range of high quality acute, sub-acute, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and statewide services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age and socio- economic status, population and healthcare needs. Their promise of being “Healthier Together” is to their communities, patients, consumers and staff. Bolder than a vision for the future, the promise calls Eastern Health to action. They know that working together is the only way they can achieve what is necessary for a healthier future.
The Eastern Health Foundation raises essential funds to ensure patients and families receive the best possible care. Donors include grateful patients and their families as well as companies, schools, community groups, trusts and foundations.
Due to a secondment, the role of Head of Donor Engagement has become available for a fixed term contract of 12 months. Reporting to the Foundation Director, the role is responsible for strategic development and implementation of mass donor communication including acquisition, appeals, mass communication and data development. You will develop and implement annual fundraising programs to acquire, retain and upgrade new donors, and retain and upgrade existing donors. Key fundraising programs the position is responsible for include Individual Giving, Regular Giving, Foundation website and Grateful Patient programs. Leading a small team, you will oversee communications, database management and analysis, data entry / banking and administration. As a key member of the fundraising leadership team, you will collaborate with other Fundraising Managers and appointed consultants to achieve goals, financial targets and impact.
- Demonstration of strategic fundraising experience, with experience and proven success with Individual Giving programs (I.e. integrated Appeals, annual Giving Days, Regular Giving)
- Experience in managing staff, and creating an inclusive and high performing team culture
- Experience in leading continuous improvement of donor engagement, stewardship and development
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, together with budgeting and financial modelling
- Sound knowledge of fundraising legislation, practices and philosophy of charitable giving
- Sound knowledge of databases (preferably fundraising databases and salesforce)
- Excellent communication, collaboration and negotiation skills
- Project management skills, and ability to meet demanding timelines and expectations
- Education, training and/or relevant experience equivalent to completion of a postgraduate degree with at least five years management experience in business development or fundraising
- CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive) and FIA membership highly regarded
- Alignment with Eastern Health’s values – Respect for all, Safe always, Partnering in care and Learning and improving every day.
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic employee benefits, including diverse and engaging career opportunities, a friendly and supportive team, flexible working hours, professional development opportunities, and salary packaging options
APPLY NOW if you are motivated fundraising leader with expertise in donor journeys, communications, engagement and data management, plus commitment to continuous improvement and quality healthcare.
Gembridge is partnering with Eastern Health Foundation.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Dawn Patrick on 03 8375 9661 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply#PBA2
Please quote in application: Head of Donor Engagement (12 Month Contract) via Pro Bono Australia.