About the organisation
The Snow Foundation is a family philanthropic foundation founded in Canberra in 1991 by Terry and George Snow. Our mission is to create opportunities and strengthen resilience for a more caring and inclusive community where everyone can thrive.
We do this by identifying gaps, supporting innovative and community-led initiatives with potential for big impact, taking considered risks to help bold ideas become reality and being engaged partners, providing more than funding where we can add value.
The Snow Foundation pursues a strategy of further growth and innovation, built on a strong sense of trusted partnerships with communities.
About the role
We are looking for a Partnership Manager to join our team based in Canberra!
The role will be ideally full time with the flexibility to work 4 days, working out of our Canberra Office based at the Airport, with flexibility to work from home when needed.
This position will suit a passionate individual who is interested in building impactful partnerships . We are looking for someone who shares our organisation’s values of humility, social justice, commitment, collaboration, empathy, and transparency.
Under the direction of the Our Place Manager – the Partnership Manager will work collaboratively with key internal and external stakeholders to support Snow Foundation’s partners, with a particular focus on the for-purpose sector of Canberra and the surrounding region, known as Our Place. An important part will be leading the delivery of the Canberra Foundations Collaborative annual grant round and other capacity building and leadership programs for Our Place partners.
This is an opportunity to join a respected family foundation that continues to innovate and grow its significant support to the for-purpose sector.
A position description is attached.
Leadership and Strategic Partnership Development:
- Lead the delivery of the Canberra Foundations Collaborative annual grant round.
- Develop and implement capacity building workshops and leadership programs.
- Manage flagship and major grant partnerships through the complete life cycle from initiation, through due diligence to implementation and evaluation to optimise impact and outcomes.
- Strengthen and support existing strategic partnerships with non-profits, social enterprises, and community-based organisations aligned with the Foundation’s mission and objectives.
- Identify new opportunities and partnerships aligned to the Foundation’s strategic direction to grow impact in our community.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with current and potential partners, including regular communication, visits, and collaboration on joint initiatives and understand their impact in the community.
- Work closely with specific partners to understand their needs and challenges and identify opportunities to provide support aside from funding, through building profile, networks, and capacity to strengthen their organisation.
- Utilise the Airport business and marketing opportunities to support The Snow Foundation’s objectives through communication, workplace giving, and events.
- Oversee the end-to-end grant management process, including application, review, approval, and reporting.
- Work closely with grantees to ensure compliance with grant requirements and provide support as needed.
- Monitor the progress of grant-funded initiatives, tracking outcomes and assessing impact.
Marketing and Communications
- Liaise with multiple organisations, private and government authorities to confidently communicate The Snow Foundation message externally. This includes being able to communicate effectively and professionally through diversity and equality within a range of constituents.
- Contribute to The Snow Foundation’s communication and social channels, including website, e-newsletter, publications including the annual report and Vital Signs project, and social media platforms.
Financial and Reporting
- Ensure forecasting of grants and expenses are coded correctly and submitted for approval / payment within a timely manner.
- Understand and input into the financial forecast and budgetary planning for grants.
- Prepare reports for the regular Small Grants Committee, and updates for the broader Snow Foundation team and family.
- Assist the CEO and the Our Place Manager to prepare for Board meetings including reporting against objectives, grant acquittals and analysis, grant recommendations, agenda preparation and meeting minutes, as required.
How to apply
To submit your application, click Apply Now.
Please quote in application: Partnership Manager via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Social_Enterprise