About the organisation
The Ella Centre exists to provide people with disabilities, dementia, older people and their carers with activities, services and supports which increase their enjoyment of life and enable them to participate in the community. We provide our service users with valued and fulfilling activities and services respecting their dignity and independence. We ensure carers are valued, supported and have confidence in their futures. Our casual support staff support our disability programs, Individual support and Young Adults Social Services.
About the role
The Ella Centre is seeking qualified and enthusiastic staff to provide support for adults with a disability in a group setting. This support will be in line with the NDIS Standards and Code of Conduct.
- This position is responsible for supporting adults with high support needs in a group program.
- Understanding of the needs of adults with a disability and their carers
- Tertiary qualifications in social science, welfare, health or related field
- Experience in providing direct support to people with a disability
- Solid understanding of the person-centred approach
- Experience (or willingness to learn) in implementing behaviour management plans
- Well-developed communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in documentation and maintaining appropriate service records and data.
- Experience providing personal care
- Willingness to provide transport to participants – essential
- Permission to work in Australia
- NSW Driver’s License
- Current First Aid/ CPR certificate
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Current police check
- Access to salary packaging up to $15,900 tax free
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Exclusive career development opportunity
- Supportive and collaborative work culture
If you believe that you are a great fit for this position and are passionate about care/support work, we would love to hear from you.
Please submit your resume and cover letter through the link provided.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Permanent Part-time Support Worker via Pro Bono Australia.