About the organisation
About the role
- Improve your take-home pay by using salary packaging options – up to $18,500 can be packaged every year (details via AccessPay)!
- Career development opportunities
- Leave loading of 17.5%
- Flexible working arrangements, including a hybrid work arrangement.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted health insurance and free flu shots each year
We’re looking for a Business Analyst who combines excellent analytical skills, stakeholder management, and a passion for systems and process improvement to join our team on a permanent full-time basis, working 38 hours per week based in Fitzroy.
The Business Analyst combines excellent analytical skills, stakeholder management, and a passion for systems and process improvement.
- Cost Controlling/Financial Management
- Oversee the timely and accurate compilation and presentation of management reports to department heads and directors in relation to corporate functions and areas of responsibility.
- Provision of analysis and insight regarding monthly results, KPI’s, budgets and forecast variances, as well as conducting performance reviews, to enable operational managers to lead their departments efficiently and effectively.
- Stakeholder Management
- Partner with relevant department heads and directors to provide professional advice and support in corporate controlling, systems enhancements and projects.
- Financial Systems and Processes
- Assist with the management of process and system improvement and enhancement initiatives (within Finance and cross-functionally)
- As key user/support for nominated financial systems, investigate, troubleshoot and undertake corrective actions where data workflow is unclear and/ or incorrect and rectify issues.
ABOUT THE BROTHERHOOD OF ST LAURENCE
We are passionate about the work we do. We strive to create change that lasts for a more compassionate and just society – a society in which we can all fully participate in social, civic and economic life with the dignity and respect we all deserve.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL) has a clear vision – an Australia free of poverty. For over 90 years, we have worked with policy makers and the community for systemic change that will prevent and alleviate poverty in Australia. We are made up of 1500+ employees and 1000+ volunteers to make a difference in our communities.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Passion for supporting the mission of BSL and delivering excellence in your role are just the start.
To be considered for the role and be successful in it, we’re looking for someone who has the following key skills and experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Commerce or Economics (or a related field)
- CA / CPA qualified preferred
- Previous experience in FP&A, controlling, accounting and/or finance processes
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of reporting, financial advice and analysis to non-financial senior managers
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and deliver high-quality outputs to tight deadlines
- Previous experience in improving organisational processes, practices and systems with a strong focus on business requirements
- Strong problem solving, including a demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking, and attention to detail
- Self-directing, a proactive learner with a genuine interest in improving systems and outcomes for business
- Ability to manage conflicting needs of stakeholders, and discuss and present financial information to non-finance stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise and deliver quality outcomes
BSL employees enjoy a range of flexible work options and other attractive benefits. Recognising that there is no ‘one size fits all’ pattern of work–life balance, the organisation endeavours to provide options to suit the needs of all staff.
If you have any questions about the role or want more clarification, please contact Justin Hester at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
To view the Position Description to address the Key Selection Criteria, please click here.
Applications close: Friday, 16 February 2024 at 11.55pm
The Brotherhood of St Laurence adheres to Government vaccination mandates.
We are an EEO and understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We recognise that everyone has the right to an equitable, safe and productive environment and to be treated with dignity and respect. We welcome applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, disability or sexual orientation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks, including criminal history and working with children. Recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. Applicants must have proof of working rights in Australia.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Business Analyst via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Consulting, #Disabilities, #Education_and_Employment, #Employment_Services, #Families, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Health_–_General, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Indigenous, #Other, #ResearchMedical_Research, #Social_Enterprise, #Youth_and_Young_People