About the organisation
MCM is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to safety. MCM embraces differences because we know that diversity and inclusion help us to attract, recruit, engage and retain talented people.
We are a leading not-for profit-for-purpose organisation that offer a broad range of services in Early Years, Disability, Homelessness, Palliative Care and Education.
Our commitment to Diversity
At MCM, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people.
Our commitment to Safety
MCM is committed to the safety of its clients and employees, taking a zero-tolerance approach to violence within the workplace and abuse, including child abuse and abuse of people with disability. All employees are required to comply with the Child Safe Standards.
About the role
Exciting work is underway to refresh and enhance Frontyard Youth Service in 2024, including the ‘Circuit Breaker’ Youth Refuge. This rare leadership opportunity requires a passionate experienced individual with strong leadership, managerial, and change management skills, including a passion for driving innovation, building networks, and strong advocacy skills. Frontyard Youth Services is a specialist youth service providing a range of multidisciplinary programs to meet the holistic needs of young people aged between 12 and 25 years who are at risk of or experiencing homelessness. Frontyard aims to support young people to meet their physical, emotional, and social needs and to develop pathways out of homelessness. Many of the services at Frontyard work with young people across greater Melbourne and throughout Victoria. The Frontyard Youth Refuge ‘Circuit Breaker’ is an innovative youth refuge program delivering an increased level of support in healing-oriented accommodation. The program offers both crisis and medium-term options to allow time and space for young people to engage and work towards their goals. The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring best practice services and ensuring a positive and motivated team to deliver services, as well as the ongoing development of the ‘Circuit Breaker’ vision.
We are looking for someone who can perform the below duties and be:
- Responsible for the provision of high-quality, best practice accommodation and support for young people who are experiencing homelessness and significant barriers to accessing the broader youth refuge system and mental health and addiction services.
- Drive a positive workplace culture that ensures employees are productive, and actively contribute to program goals. This includes working with direct reports to ensure all employees receive high quality leadership, coaching, supervision, and performance appraisals.
- Manage the human resource needs for Circuit Breaker including recruiting, managing, and developing employees in the portfolio.
- Create an environment that will disrupt disadvantage for young people through utilising a healing- oriented practice model that proactively responds to young people who have experienced adverse childhood and adolescent experiences.
- Exercise a high level of responsibility for the work undertaken by all employees, including undertaking the planning, direction, management, and evaluation of day to day and future program operations.
- Responsible for ensuring satisfactory program performance against targets, reporting, contracts, and quality compliance.
- Provide leadership and expert advice/secondary consult to employees, including 4 direct reports, working with young people experiencing multiple and complex needs, and support employees to develop comprehensive care plans and risk assessments for all young people.
- A bachelor’s degree in Youth Work, Social Science, Social Work or related fields with extensive experience working with young people that have experienced adverse childhood experiences and at least 4 years in a leadership role.
- A demonstrated ability to lead, guide, supervise and support employees with a sound understanding of supervision guidelines and best practice principles, ideally in community services or related field.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of current issues and trends in the youth homelessness and housing sectors and related fields.
- Sound theoretical practice in working with young people experiencing homelessness and intensive case management based on best practice and current theory.
- Ability to create and enhance program design within an accommodation service to create an innovative environment that disrupts disadvantage and leads to sustainable housing pathways for young people.
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge, and skills in the delivery of human services, preferably in an accommodation/ housing support program.
- A comprehensive understanding of current government reform and policy and demonstrated ability to participate effectively in sector reform and implement change.
- Sound, current knowledge of the Mental Health Act, relevant legislation, and current strategic directions of public mental health and primary health care services.
- National Police check
- Working with Children check
- Valid Victorian Drivers license
- Right to Work in Australia
How to apply
Applications for this role close: 26 February 2024. Please include your current resume and cover letter.
Please review the position description to understand more about the role and responsibilities. For assistance with your application please email: email@example.com
Please quote in application: Operations Manager Circuit Breaker Youth Refuge, Frontyard via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Youth_and_Young_People