About the organisation
About the role
We Are East Gippsland Shire
East Gippsland is a natural playground with over 21,000 square km of land including high country, nine national parks, two significant marine parks, Australia’s largest navigable inland lake system and stunning coastlines included!
East Gippsland Shire Council is a large regional council covering 10% of Victoria. With a workforce of over 600 passionate community members, EGSC offers challenging and rewarding skills development and the ability to work with a range of teams across a range of locations.
A unique blend of nature, culture, and recreational opportunities, East Gippsland Shire is a captivating destination for those looking to broaden their skills whilst enjoying an enviable lifestyle.
Taking the reins as Organisation Development Project Officer, you’ll assist the Organisation Development team in delivering a number of key programs such as Council’s Gender Equality Action Plan (GEAP).
You’ll be a natural collaborator and an excellent communicator, working with a range of stakeholders both internally and externally to promote and support culture development and improvement initiatives across Council.
Some things you may find yourself taking on are:
- Leading the development and review of Council’s GEAP
- Project support for cultural and diversity awareness programs including Reward and Recognition
- Assisting with the delivery and reporting of Staff Culture Surveys
This is a permanent, full time opportunity and is based from the Bairnsdale Corporate Centre.
Things You’re Proud Of (Key Selection Criteria)
- Tertiary qualification or relevant experience in organisation development, project management or related.
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders to determine customer needs and operating and organisational process requirements (current and future state).
- Experience in collecting, analysing and interpreting data in meaningful ways to influence programs.
- A proven capacity to draw upon related skills and expertise to develop and deliver programs.
- Effective planning, high level administration and project management skills.
- Experience in facilitating meetings / workshops.
If successful, you will need to undertake a police check. You must also be legally entitled to work in Australia.
Things We’re Proud Of
- Monthly ADO schedule
- Flexibility to work from home
- Opportunities for professional development including study assistance
- 14 weeks paid parental leave
- Annual leave loading
- Employee Assistance Program and Social Club
- Great work-life balance, so close to great holiday destinations, beaches, mountains, parks and lakes.
- Work on a banded salary that increases annually to the top end of the band
How To Apply
If this sounds like your next move, apply now and attach:
- A cover letter stating why you are interested in the position and what you will bring to East Gippsland Shire Council
- A current resume which includes your personal details, education, qualifications, work experience and the contact details of two (2) work-related referees.
- A statement providing detailed responses to each of the key selection criteria as stated in the position description.
Applications close at 11.59pm on Wednesday 21 February 2024.
Questions? For a confidential discussion about the position or to learn more, please contact Jenna Condell, Organisation Development Coordinator, on (03) 5153 9500.
East Gippsland Shire Council is committed to being a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports flexible and accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTIQA+, gender diverse people, religiously, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of any age.
East Gippsland Shire Council is committed to upholding the Child Safe Standards and has a zero tolerance for child abuse and harm. To uphold these standards a valid working with children check is required to be held for applicable positions.
Why You'll love working here
Work from home
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Organisation Development Project Officer via Pro Bono Australia.