About the organisation
About the role
Proudly serving Australians since 1928, the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) provides emergency road, aeromedical and primary health services for people in rural and remote Australia. We believe in creating opportunities so all Victorians have the choice to access essential primary health care services.
Mobile Patient Care (MPC) offers Non-Emergency Patient Transport primarily in Victoria and New South Wales. We work with a large fleet of ambulances and support our transport services with RFDS aircraft.
MPC provides clinical care for people travelling from home to hospital, hospital to hospital and hospital to home, as well as transport to and from specialist clinics.
About the role
The position of Team Leader – Operations & Rosters reports to and supports the Head of Enablement & Compliance in establishing and maintaining and optimal staff scheduling system and business focussed view of real-time logistic requirements. The Team Leader, Operations & Rosters employs effective leadership and collaboration to ensure the implementation of operationally sound solutions that can adapt to a dynamic environment and maintain compliance with RFDS Victoria’s industrial, contractual and regulatory obligations.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership and fostering a collaborative work culture across the Operations and Rostering Team
- Leading the development and maintenance of future master rosters and well as real time logistics for a large group of staff in an industrially complex environment.
- Coordinates and leads local communication and consultation related to resourcing and rostering, procedure development, including providing regular, accurate and timely guidance on requirements
- Identifying and resolving resourcing and rostering issues and, where necessary, collaborates with stakeholders and management to resolve issues.
- Collecting data, undertakes analysis and preparing reports to support decision making
Experience and skills required:
- Experience in developing 24/7 operational rosters and rostering software
- Leadership of teams providing real time logistical operations
- Working knowledge of risk management and business continuity
- Certificate IV in Frontline Management (desirable)
- Knowledge of non-emergency patient transport regulations (desirable)
- Sale location with a 24/7 roster including working from home
- Ability to travel across Victoria and New South Wales with occasional overnight stays
- 3 * Covid vaccinations (essential)
- Annual flu vaccination (essential)
- Wiling to undertake a National Police Check and hold a Working with Children Check
What can working for RFDS offer you:
- Work for Australia’s most reputable charity (11 out of 12 years) and most trusted charity (last 3 years)
- Work for your community providing high-quality non-emergency patient care in an organisation committed to staff and patient safety and wellbeing.
- Access to salary packaging for all employees
- A less stressful environment than in emergency/pre-hospital care
- Supported opportunities to work at different locations across the state.
- Great parental leave benefits
Apply today with a copy of your resume and cover letter or call David Rogers in People & Culture on 03 8412 0495 for further information or a confidential chat.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader - Operations & Rosters via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #ResearchMedical_Research