About the organisation
About the role
Your Community Health (YourCH) is a progressive, high quality, independent community health service. We provide a wide range of community-based health and social support services including primary care, allied health, oral health, mental health, harm reduction, social support and health promotion services. Our three comprehensive health centres are located in Darebin, but we are here for everyone in the diverse communities across Melbourne. We work in partnership with our communities and other services using a combination of outreach, home-based and centre-based activities and co-located services.
Your Community Health, an innovative and well-regarded community health service, seeks to appoint a Non-Executive Director who is a registered nurse with experience in aged care. The role is voluntary and will require attending monthly Board meetings (10 per year), generally hybrid (online and face to face), the Annual General Meeting and serving on a Board Subcommittee (generally online). Attendance at some functions with stakeholders and participation in Board development workshops is expected.
YourCH recognises the importance of having a Board with the skills, knowledge, experience, capabilities and diversity to ensure effective governance of the organisation. YourCH conducts regular Board assessments and audits to understand composition and proactively recruits to ensure the Board is comprised of Directors with a variety of perspectives and areas of expertise.
- Current and ongoing registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse.
- Experience as a Registered Nurse in the Aged Care sector.
- Working knowledge of Accreditation Standards, Aged Care funding and Aged Care legislation.
- Understanding of the principles and practices related to clinical governance and continuous quality improvement.
- Understanding of the principles of corporate governance.
- Commitment to the purpose and values of Your Community Health.
- Appreciation and understanding of the role Your Community Health plays in the community.
- Ability to review reports, monitor performance, identify risks and help implement strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Committed to and able to give sufficient time to Board role.
- Ability to contribute to a culturally safe and inclusive environment.
- Adequate financial literacy.
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors course would be desirable (but assistance to undertake this course may be available).
- Experience with and/or understanding of the non-profit and health sector.
- Ability to think strategically and provide leadership.
How to apply
To apply for this job go to:
https://yourcommunityhealth.recruitmenthub.com.au/Job-Search & enter ref code: 6537320 or hit APPLY NOW to be directed
Please apply by submitting your CV and Cover Letter.
It is a requirement for the successful applicant to become a member of Your Community Health. A National Police Certificate, Working with Children Check and NDIS Workers Screening check are mandatory for all Board members.
Please quote in application: Volunteer Board Director - Registered Nurse via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Health_–_General