Hill Rogers is the adviser of choice for the Not for Profit sector and offers tax, audit and advisor services to organisations of all sizes and complexities within the sector. Contact: Andrew Lam, Director t: + 61 2 9232 5111.
At Hill Rogers, we’re more than just an accounting and financial advisory firm. Our mission is meaningful connections; to deliver tailored, practical solutions to make a genuine difference to our client’s success today, and for the future. We are recognised for our deep industry expertise advising Not for Profit organisations, SMEs, Government, Education, and High Net Worth individuals.
Our clients rely on our capability and value our distinctive personality and culture. We spend time with and listen to our clients every day. We know the things that really matter. We help our clients to cost effectively navigate and comply with local regulations and build sustainable financial foundations. Our international reach is strengthened through our association with Morison KSi.
Our best ambassadors are our experienced, collaborative and responsible people, who strive for excellence in everything they do. With over 60 people including 10 Directors, our focus is on providing quality advice and practical solutions to help our clients build strong, efficient and sustainable financial foundations for the long term.
Products and Services
The Not for Profit (NFP) sector is an enormous contributor to the Australian economy through employment and the fulfilment of various altruistic objectives.
Hill Rogers understands the NFP sector and has a wealth of experience assisting local and international organisations of all sizes and complexity to manage their tax, audit, advisory and compliance obligations.
Our broad range of taxation services include:
- Conducting reviews of NFP’s tax exemption status
- Conducting reviews of NFP’s FBT debateable or FBT exemption status
- Conducting reviews of NFP’s DGR status
- Assisting in the establishment and running of private and public ancillary funds
- Advice on application of mutuality principles
- Advice on access to various charity tax concessions
- Consulting on FBT and GST matters including lodgement of BAS and FBT returns
- Specialist advice on various federal and state government tax exemptions and concessions.
Our range of audit and advisory services includes:
- Audit and review of financial statements
- Audit of grant acquittal statements
- Probity audits and reviews
- Review and establishment of systems of internal controls
- Internal audits and operational reviews
- Corporate governance and risk management
- Undertaking due diligences and assisting in mergers and acquisitions
- Review of IT systems
Examples of work
We act for a wide range of Not for Profit organisations of all sizes and complexities across the sector.
Our clients include:
- Animal welfare
- Arts and culture organisations
- Clubs and recreation
- Community services providers
- Medical research institutions
- Professional bodies
- Religious institutions
- Retirement villages
- Schools and community colleges.