Prolegis Lawyers work exclusively for charities, other not-for-profits and philanthropists.
Prolegis Lawyers was established in 2001. We exist solely to provide specialist legal services in relation to charities, not-for-profits and philanthropy.
Our clients include organisations and individuals directly involved in this work, as well as their other advisors, companies (public and private) and individuals who have an interest in the sector.
Our purpose is to help enable and accelerate the good work of the people and organisations who seek our services. We believe that the values of trust, humility, teamwork, reliability, service and honesty applied to a clear and compelling purpose make the world a better place.
Products and services
Our services include advice on:
- Corporate regulation and governance
- Constitution advice and formation
- Charity endorsements
- The application of tax law to charities and not-for-profits
- Re-structuring, including mergers
- Property law
- Employment law and Discrimination law
- Working with children issues, child protection, enrolment, disability management and duty of care
- Dispute resolution and litigation
Examples of work
Our clients include:
- Corporate and private foundations
- Local and international aid organisations
- Community organisations
- Sporting clubs
- Cultural groups
- Industry and professional associations
- Disability services organisations