Prolegis Lawyers – specialist charity and not-for-profit law firm – offers a full range of services for charities and Not for Profits.
Anne Robinson (BA LLB (Hons) FAICD TEP) established Prolegis Lawyers in September 2001 in response to her awareness of the dearth of reliable legal advice for not-for-profit and other charitable organisations. The boutique firm of ten solicitors aims to provide top quality legal services and advice to the not-for-profit and charitable sector.
Anne’s expertise in the area has been recognised by her appointment as Deputy Chair of the Not for Profit Sector Reform Council and her membership of the NFP Tax Concession Working Group.
Our rates are set at an affordable level but are not so low as to preclude employing high calibre solicitors with a demonstrated commitment to the area matched with a depth of expertise and experience.
Products and Services
Our services include advice on:
- appropriate corporate structures and corporate regulation and governance;
- mergers and amalgamations;
- compliance with tax law as it affects charities and Not for Profits;
- working with children issues, child protection, enrolment and disability management and duty of care;
- employment law and discrimination law; and
- dispute resolution
Examples of work
Our clients represent an extensive range of fields including:
- Environmental and scientific research organisations;
- Sporting, cultural and media organisations;
- Local aid and welfare services;
- Overseas Aid organisations;
- Specialist health services including aged care;
- Faith-based organisations;
- Education from pre-school to tertiary and vocational.