Successful Alliances is an award-winning consulting and bookkeeping practice specialising in helping not-for-profit organisations get the most out of funding and ramp up efficiency through reliable financial reporting, budgeting, preparation of board reports and bookkeeping services. Director Karen Groves won Business Woman of the Year in 2013 and in 2014 she was a finalist in the ACT Business Owner category of the Telstra Business Women’s Awards
Successful Alliances has been providing qualified bookkeeping and financial services since 1999. With well over a decade’s experience and sound track record, the company is here to stay. We make keeping accurate, complete books easy—daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and at year end.
Principal Karen Groves and senior staff have more than 30 years of bookkeeping experience between them. Their certification is reviewed and awarded annually ensuring Successful Alliances is always on top of its game.
In 2013, Karen won Business Woman of the Year, Canberra Women in Business, against stiff competition. Judges selected Karen for her strong customer focus, her commitment to staying at the forefront of new technology, her proactive advice and her commitment to continual development of expertise. Karen has completed her Masters in Commerce (Professional Accounting). In 2014, Karen was again recognised when she became a finalist in the ACT Business Owner category of the Telstra Business Women’s Awards.
Successful Alliances is a member of the:
- Institute of Public Accountants
- Association of Accounting Technicians
- MYOB Certified Consultants Panel.
- Calxa Accredited Partner Panel.
- Reckon Accredited Partner Panel
- Xero Certified Advisor Panel.
- Quickbooks Pro Advisor Program
The team at Successful Alliances is qualified and trained on each client's unique needs.
As a not-for-profit you want to maximise your funding and ensure your financial reporting is detailed, accurate and easy-to-understand. Your funding body and Board will be confident with your financial integrity.
Successful Alliances has been working with not-for-profit organisations across Australia for 14 years, providing fully qualified, competent financial reporting and bookkeeping services. We have worked with not-for-profits of all sizes and shapes, including charities, foundations, social welfare, arts organisations and peak industry bodies.
We know what makes not-for-profits tick. Our qualified team will help you meet your financial goals, responsibilities and challenges so you’re free to focus on what you’re passionate about and what you’re good at. Together we’ll produce error-free, easy-to-understand reports quickly. We’ll improve your transparency and save you time with budgets and cashflow forecasts. We’ll improve your reputation as a not-for-profit that exercises best practice financial management.
Deafness Forum of Australia—a national peak body in the not-for-profit sector—represents the crucial issues affecting the daily lives of deaf and hearing impaired people. We’re not experts in financial recording and reporting and found that trying to do this in-house led to inaccuracies, was costly and diverted our limited people resources from our mission.
Outsourcing this function was an obvious choice and it’s proven to be one of the best decisions we have made. Successful Alliances provides more than just a service. The team is there for us when we need expert advice on financial planning, budgeting and they help me to manage a better organisation.
Although not-for-profits have a lot in common, each one is unique with its own strengths and weaknesses. This is why we tailor what we do to your needs—providing as much or as little support as is required.
Our ultimate aim is to form a successful alliance for top-notch financial services. Through our partnership you’ll be able to depend on us for strong financial and bookkeeping support.
Essentially we’re your ‘outsourced financial services’, helping you from a strategic level down to the detailed level. We can do it all for you or just provide quality support in specific areas.
- Confidence—with Successful Alliances you’re partnering with a company that has been in business for 14 years, so you can be confident you’re steering clear of a fly-by-night bookkeeping service.
- Instant knowledge—with Successful Alliances you'll gain instant specialist knowledge and expertise. Our staff keep up-to-date with the latest developments through training sessions and conferences.
- Freedom—with Successful Alliances you’ll be free to concentrate on what you do best and what you love most.
- Ramped up efficiency—with Successful Alliances’ reliable, experienced bookkeeping support you’re guaranteed to ramp up your efficiency and streamline operations between you, your Board and your auditor.
- Funding body/board confidence—with Successful Alliances your funding body and Board will be confident that the financial data they receive is accurate, sound and reliable.
- Reduced financial risk—with Successful Alliances you’ll reduce financial risk and be better positioned to deal with urgent matters efficiently.
- Save time, money, effort—with Successful Alliances you won’t have to waste precious time struggling with financial matters, which isn’t always your area of expertise. We’ll handle this for you.
- Ongoing funding—with Successful Alliances you’ll be better positioned to secure ongoing funding, through strong reporting and your reputation for responsible spending and timely reporting.
Products and Services
Not-for-profits have a range of needs, all of which Successful Alliances’ qualified and fully trained staff can support. Our menu of services, which many of our not-for-profit clients use, includes:
- financial health check
- financial reporting and reviews
- cash flow
- Board reports
- grant acquittals
- bookkeeping services
- BAS preparation and electronic lodgement
- audit preparation
Not in the ACT?
No problem. Successful Alliances can help you access your software and live company data online, regardless of your location.
Examples of work
Our services are flexible and tailored to suit your needs. We handle as much or as little as you require. Here are some examples of the expertise and support we provide to three national not-for-profit organisations.
We provided a suite of in-depth services to help this not-for-profit organisation become more effective, efficient and transparent. We:
- consulted the client on their important Board reporting requirements
- rearranged their Chart of Accounts to better reflect organisational requirements
- created a job numbering system providing for management reports for each project, or each group of similar projects nationwide, each region or for the whole organisation
- prepared a set of procedures to improve internal controls around accounting for donations.
We created an alternate chart of accounts for this not-for-profit organisation, to group accounts by the staff member responsible for the budget line. This provided better accountability to the budget across the organisation while still allowing the organisation to use their standard chart of accounts for board reporting and grant acquittals.
We used Calxa for this body of work, a leading budgeting and cashflow forecasting software for data accuracy and time savings.
We replaced an internal part-time bookkeeper, who was working two days a week at this not-for-profit organisation, with Successful Alliance staff. This saved the client money, increased efficiency and provided greater accuracy in bookkeeping.
We implemented better processes and were ultimately able to complete the bookkeeping tasks in four hours a week.