Volunteering and Contact ACT is both the peak body for volunteering and the volunteer support service for the ACT, and the key source for the Canberra community to access accurate information on, and referral to, Canberra’s community services and programs.
A community enriched by volunteering and empowered by reliable information.
We promote, advocate and provide access to information, volunteering and referral services.
- To provide access to reliable information and be a key enabler of volunteering services.
- To be an active link between people, government and non-government organisations.
- To foster community networks and undertake research, advocacy, projects, public education programs and events.
Products and Services
Examples of work
What We Do
To fulfil our mission we offer our members and the community generally a range of services, including:
- Providing information, consultancy, support networks and services on all aspects of volunteering
- A volunteer referral service, whereby we link people interested in becoming volunteers with volunteering opportunities notified to us by our members
- Promoting and supporting employee volunteering programs and projects
- Providing leadership in the effective management of volunteers through general and customised education training and development programs and through resources, information and advocacy
- Celebrating volunteer effort by organising public events, such as the ACT Volunteer of the Year Awards during National Volunteer Week in May and International Volunteers Day in December
- Through the Connections Program, linking people with mental health recovery issues with supportive volunteer buddies or mentors to foster social inclusion and encourage personal growth and self-confidence.