About the role
This is a great opportunity if you are interested in a Board role supporting funding and advocacy for Jannawi Family Centre, a child protection service that works with children and families who have experienced trauma through violence, abuse and/or neglect. We are looking for a new Board member in Sydney with skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Fundraising and events
- Strong network with potential links to corporate funders or philanthropists
- An interest in child protection and family violence prevention
The functions of the Board are to govern the management of Jannawi Connections including:
- the strategic direction of the organisation
- the development and monitoring of policies for the effective operation of Jannawi Connections
- the engagement, performance and dismissal of any staff and contractors
- the proper and efficient management of the financial affairs of Jannawi Connections.
You would be joining a collegiate group of passionate individuals who are committed to supporting Jannawi to make a difference in the lives of the children and families they work with.
About the organisation
Jannawi Connections was established in 2013 as an Incorporated Association to support fundraising and advocacy for Jannawi Family Centre.
Jannawi Family Centre was established as the Wiley Park Centre in 1978 (renamed Jannawi Family Centre in 1991) and provides a range of services to vulnerable children, families and communities in South West Sydney. Jannawi Family Centre is a non-government child protection service and one of the most experienced and successful of its kind in Australia. Since 1978, Jannawi has helped over 10,000 parents and children to heal from trauma.
How to apply
Please email your interest in the role to Leanne Wallace at email@example.com
Please quote in application: Board Director via Pro Bono Australia.