About the role
As an Connect2One volunteer, you are responsible for providing connection, conversation and companionship via weekly Skype visits with an assigned senior. Skype calls can be made outside of business hours, including weekends as agreeable with your assigned match.
For this role, we are seeking a Connect2One volunteer who has an interest in astrophysics, astronomy, sports, reading and animals to digitally visit a male participant (senior) on a weekly basis. This participant has requested a male volunteer and would prefer weekday visits (between 9-5), days as mutually agreed.
This is a virtual/volunteer-from-home role, where you have the opportunity to provide meaningful impact with just 1 hour per week commitment!
- Attend weekly Skype visits with assigned senior. This involves chatting, listening to their stories, playing games, reading together and providing companionship.
- Participating in online induction, training and ongoing development and virtual reward and recognition events.
- Working in a safe manner.
- Completing monthly support review with support officer (email).
- Recording visits/hours in volunteer app.
- Responding to emails from the organisation.
- Adhering to the organisation’s policies, procedures and guidelines.
To become a Connect2One Volunteer, you will need to be patient, kind, demonstrate excellent communication skills (especially active listening), demonstrate empathy and consideration for seniors, be reliable and confident in engaging in small talk and conversation starters.
In addition, applicants will need to be able to supply the details of two referees, willingness to complete a Criminal Record Check (we support you through this. There’s no cost to you) and be an Australia Citizen or have the right to work/volunteer in Australia.
As this is a virtual volunteer role, you will be required to use your own computer, tablet or smart device, have reliable internet, have or be willing to open a free Skype account and be able to access emails.
About the organisation
At Inclusee we connect people to friends, family, interests, cultures, and events, creating a community where they feel valued, comfortable and can belong. Offering a diverse range of specialised programs and activities through our easy-to-use technology, or face-to-face service, we make it easy to
join in and enjoy. Connection is at the core of what we do!
We are leaders in connection, positively enhancing the lives of older Australians who are vulnerable to loneliness and isolation.
Our mission is to use the power of connection to reduce isolation and loneliness for Australians.
This is achieved through our social connection and companionship programs:
- Connect2One (Digital Visiting)
- Connect2You (virtual community centre)
- Face2Face (in-person visits)
- Learn2Tech (Digital Mentoring)
- Interests2Enjoy (Online Clubs)
Why volunteer with us?
Inclusee is committed to building a community where seniors and volunteers can Connect, Learn and Enjoy. We value our volunteers and demonstrate this through initiatives such as:
- Virtual volunteer role. Volunteer from the comfort of your own home, throughout Australia.
- Flexible volunteering-after hours and weekend visits may be available. No more commuting and minimal investment of time.
- Access to Lifeline's online Mental Health training.
- Access to Virtual Volunteer Summit (online conference).
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (free anonymous telephone counselling).
- Centrelink approved. Conditions apply.
- E-newsletter, online social events and designated support.
How to apply
To apply, please click on the apply button below.
In the 'tell us a bit about yourself' section, please include hobbies and interests as this supports us with the matching process.
If you don't meet the specific interest requirements for this role, please apply as we have many seniors seeking digital visits.
Once your application has been submitted, our team will be in contact to progress your application.
Please quote in application: Connect2One Digital Visitor (interests in Astrophysics) via Pro Bono Australia.