About the role
Camden Women’s Shelter is seeking a volunteer Board Member to join our team. This role will:
- Create and drive the fundraising strategy for Camden Womens Shelter
- Develop and implement fundraising plans to achieve our goals
- Plan and promote our fundraising events, including our annual Gala and High Tea
- Identify and leverage fundraising opportunities to grow diverse and ongoing income streams for the shelter
- Build relationships with our external stakeholders, including corporate partners, governments, philanthropic trusts/foundations and donors
- Provide updates and advice to the Board on matters of fundraising
- Ensure all fundraising activities operate within relevant legislation and compliance requirements
- Be supported by a friendly team of Board and Committee members
About the organisation
Camden Women’s Shelter, a part of the Women's Community Shelters Network, provides short-term accommodation for women and their children experiencing or escaping from homelessness due to domestic or family violence. Our shelter provides a safe and secure place to call home, at a time when it’s needed most.
Our vision is that every woman and child supported by Camden Women’s Shelter finds hope and opportunity on their journey to independence, by helping them rebuild self-esteem and achieve control and fulfilment of their lives.
How to apply
If you wish to make a difference in your community for women who have experienced homelessness and domestic violence, please apply now by sending your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please quote in application: Board Member, Fundraising via Pro Bono Australia.