About the role
Camden Women’s Shelter is seeking a volunteer Board Member to join our team. This role will:
- Create and drive the marketing and communications strategy for Camden Womens Shelter
- Work with the Shelter Manager and the Board to generate external awareness and interest in our mission
- Create engaging social media and marketing campaigns to achieve our goals
- Lead our communication strategies, including sharing our Annual Report and organisational strategy with our stakeholders
- Manage the Camden Women’s Shelter website, social media accounts and brand collateral
- Be the point of contact for media enquiries and press releases
- Provide updates and advice to the Board on all matters of marketing and communications
- Be supported by a friendly team of Board and Committee members
About the organisation
Camden Women’s Shelter, a part of the Women's Community Shelters Network, provides short-term accommodation for women and their children experiencing or escaping from homelessness due to domestic or family violence. Our shelter provides a safe and secure place to call home, at a time when it’s needed most.
Our vision is that every woman and child supported by Camden Women’s Shelter finds hope and opportunity on their journey to independence, by helping them rebuild self-esteem and achieve control and fulfilment of their lives.
How to apply
If you wish to make a difference in your community for women who have experienced homelessness and domestic violence, please apply now by sending your resume and cover letter to: HR@camdenwomensshelter.org.au
Please quote in application: Board Member, Marketing & Comms via Pro Bono Australia.