About the role
Camden Women’s Shelter is seeking a volunteer Secretary to join our Board. As an Office Bearer of the Board, this key role will:
- Prepare agendas, board packs, venues and notices for monthly Board Meetings, annual Strategy Meetings and Annual General Meetings (AGM), in partnership with the Chair
- Create and circulate meeting minutes and action items to board members
- Actively contribute to strategic planning, board discussions and voting
- Maintain records for all Board Members, including Interest Registers and Director IDs
- Act as the Public Officer for the organisation
- Support human resources processes, including onboarding and offboarding of board members
- Support processes to ensure governance compliance is met
- Conduct any administrative tasks for the Board as required
- Be supported by a friendly team of Board and Committee members
What we are looking for
We are open to receiving applications from people of all backgrounds and experiences, and encourage you to apply if:
- You have relevant experience in administration, executive assistance and/or office support
- You have relevant experience in the not for profit sector or similar roles
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office tools and quick to learn new systems
- You have the time and dedication to commit to a 3-year term as a Board Member
- You are based in or near the Camden local government area
About the organisation
Camden Women’s Shelter, a part of the Women's Community Shelters Network, provides short-term accommodation for women and their children experiencing or escaping from homelessness due to domestic or family violence. Our shelter provides a safe and secure place to call home, at a time when it’s needed most.
Our vision is that every woman and child supported by Camden Women’s Shelter finds hope and opportunity on their journey to independence, by helping them rebuild self-esteem and achieve control and fulfilment of their lives.
How to apply
If you wish to make a difference in your community for women who have experienced homelessness and domestic violence, and have the time to commit to this key role, please apply now by sending your resume and cover letter to: HR@camdenwomensshelter.org.au
Please quote in application: Board Secretary via Pro Bono Australia.