About the role
Edmund Rice Education Australia Flexible Schools Ltd (‘EREA Flexible Schools Ltd’) is seeking two (2) highly motivated, experienced and visionary people to join our Board as national Non-Executive Directors.
Expressions of interest are sought from people aligned with our Mission, Vision and Values. Applicants with the following skill sets would be particularly highly regarded:
- Educational leadership, particularly inclusive education;
- Educational research, particularly flexible learning practice;
- Catholic Mission, formation and identity;
- Auditing, accounting and finance;
- Property and infrastructure management;
- Human resource management; and
- Government relations.
As EREA Flexible Schools Ltd presently operates schools in all jurisdictions except Victoria and the Australian Capital Territory, applicants from across Australia are encouraged to apply.
Per our Constitution, the EREA Flexible Schools Ltd Board is composed of a maximum of eight (8) Directors. To be eligible as an EREA Flexible Schools Ltd Director, you must meet key suitability requirements including:
- not being an employee of EREA Flexible Schools Ltd;
- being suitable to participate in the educational Mission of EREA as a Director;
- be a “fit and proper person” (or equivalent requirement) for the purposes of legislative provisions applying to schools in the jurisdictions in which our schools operate;
- being eligible to be a Director under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) or Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission Act 2012 (Cth);
- holding a current Working With Children Check card in Queensland and equivalent requirement in each of the other Australian jurisdictions that we operate in, or be eligible to obtain such clearance.
2024 marks a pivotal time in the development of EREA Flexible Schools Ltd. We are on an exciting journey of growth and transformation, with a strong focus on developing new teams, structures, processes and systems to best serve our young peoples’ needs.
As a Non-Executive Director, you will play an integral role in shaping the organisation’s present and future development. You are motivated to be a part of this journey and to share your skills, experience, energy and networks. You are also keen to contribute to and continuously enhance our not-for-profit governance, and have real interest in creating a brighter future for our young people.
While all expressions of interest will be considered, we are particularly seeking directors with the necessary skills and governance experience to lead our EREA Flexible Schools Ltd now and into its future.
About the organisation
EREA Flexible Schools Ltd is a dynamic and forward-thinking organisation that officially came into effect on 1 January 2023.
Structured as a Company Limited by Guarantee, EREA Flexible Schools Ltd is the governing authority for approximately 20 flexible learning schools across Australia, including two special education schools in New South Wales. For more information on our history and present operations, see: www.ereafsn.edu.au
The network of schools under the governance of EREA Flexible Schools Ltd are Catholic Schools, administered in the Edmund Rice tradition. The charism of Blessed Edmund Rice expressed through the touchstones of Liberating Education, Gospel Spirituality, Inclusive Community, Justice and Solidarity, underpins our continued commitment to a safe and inclusive environment for all.
All EREA Flexible Schools Ltd schools use Four Principles to provide a ‘Common Ground’ for relationships to be established in a non-judgmental, inclusive and flexible way which helps young people engage in their learning and wellbeing. These Common Ground Principles are Respect, Safe and Legal, Participation and Honesty, and are used by everyone in our school communities to encourage learning, build positive relationships and resolve conflict peacefully. Our Mission is to serve young people facing complex educational, social or psychological challenges, providing them with unique and tailored responses.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Non-Executive Board Directors (2) via Pro Bono Australia.