About the Role
Communications, Social Media & Advocacy volunteer / intern
Comms and marketing mentoring opportunity
Six to Eight hours / week for 3 months
Help us fight the War on Waste!
Calling all waste warriors – help the Zero Waste Network spread the word!
Are you passionate about the environment, waste and reuse/recycling? Do you have communications & digital media experience? Here’s your opportunity get straight to the frontline of the War on Waste!
Zero Waste Network Australia is the peak representative body for social enterprises working in the waste, reuse, repair and recycling sectors. Working toward a zero-waste future, ZWNA provides support, advice, guidance and mentoring to local organisations; as well as advocating on behalf of the sector to influence the political environment in support of community reuse / recycling. Have a look at ZWNA’s Website and Facebook for more info on our current projects and upcoming events.
We are looking for a skilled and energetic digital communications and social media volunteer to assist us in creating inspiring content for social media and the website, as well as drafting and presenting statements on issues relating to waste and recycling.
As well contributing your skills towards a great cause and being presented with networking opportunities within the waste and recycling sector; you will also receive support and mentoring from our amazing Communications Partner, Nook Studios.
ZWNA can discuss supporting current undergraduate or postgraduate students that meet academic requirements for internships / achieve appropriate course credit through this role. The time commitment required is approximately 8 hours per week, for around 3 months.
Create content and update online communications channels: websites and social media e.g:
- Develop and share engaging content on Facebook and Instagram
- Assistance editing blog pages on Drupal, including developing relevant content and sourcing accompanying images
- Drafting and presenting statements on issues relating to waste and recycling
- Formatting presentations using InDesign or similar publishing software
- High level social media and online communications skills using Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, Vimeo, YouTube and other social/sharing platforms.
- Good understanding of the social media landscape
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent content editing skills using publishing software such as InDesign or similar
- An independent and self-motivating worker who is willing to take initiative for and ownership of a range of projects
- Passion for action on waste and recycling
- Able to commit to working flexibly about 8 hours per week for at least 3 months
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Indesign, Premier)
If you think you have the skills to help grow the Zero Waste network, and you want to be a war on waste HERO, please send your CV and a little bit about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to get back all applicants as soon as possible.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0414721130
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Communications, Social Media & Advocacy Volunteer/Intern via Pro Bono Australia.