About the role
All Together Now (ATN) based in Sydney, with a pan Australian presence is an independent, secular,
non-partisan not-for-profit organisation that was established in 2010. ATN’s vision is for a racially
ATN seeks a volunteer Company Secretary to help with its corporate governance and company secretarial obligations. Your commitment would be attending 4-6 Board meetings per year (held over video conference), taking minutes and action items, assisting with the Annual General Meeting and ad-hoc governance work. It is expected that you will need to commit 3 hours maximum per month.
About the opportunity:
The Company Secretary role is responsible for ensuring ATN is able to meet its corporate governance obligations and also its ASIC & ACNC requirements. You will be responsible for:
- Providing input to the bi-monthly Board meeting agenda before finalisation;
- Attending the bi-monthly Board meeting and taking minutes;
- Attending to matters arising from the Board meeting;
- Convening the Annual General Meeting and drafting the notice; and
- Other ad-hoc governance work as required.
In your role, you will be supported by the Managing Director, ATN.
All Together Now is seeking the following experience and qualities in a Company Secretary:
- Governance: Demonstration of prior governance experience, ideally at a small not-for-profit organisation.
- Skills & Experience: A strong understanding of the role of Non-Executive Directors, particularly in contrast to the role of Management. Evidence of Company Secretarial experience.
- Cultural Fit: A demonstrable passion for innovation; experience working in human rights or social justice; a genuine passion for racial equity in Australia; and a strong alignment with All Together Now’s mission, vision, and definition of racism. Successful candidates will likely have lived experience of racism in Australia.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved with Australia’s largest anti-racism not-for-profit organisation that truly punches above its weight. It offers the rare opportunity to get involved in a human rights organisation that puts evidence at the heart of all of its work.
Location and Time Commitment:
All Together Now has a national remit with its Executive Director based in Sydney. Directors may be based anywhere in Australia providing they have a good internet connection.
The Board meets once every two months in person via video conference.
The Company Secretary is expected to follow through on actions as agreed at previous board meetings. This includes providing NEDs with meeting minutes within 1 week following each board meeting.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining your skillset and how you meet each of the core requirements to Priscilla Brice, Managing Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
People of colour, people from ethnic or cultural minority backgrounds, Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications close on 21 December 2020.
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Company Secretary via Pro Bono Australia.