About the role
Neighbourhood Connect is a national not for profit community organisation. We are helping people across Australia to create neighbourhood groups – to encourage happier, safer and more connected communities.
Because life is better when we belong.
We have a national project team and neighbour groups in all States and Territories. Everyone involved is passionate about creating and supporting communities. The project is unfunded; we are all contributing on a voluntary basis.
You can check us out at www.neighbourhoodconnect.org.au
We’re looking for more people to join our Project Team to contribute to the success of Neighbourhood Connect.
To speed up the expansion of Neighbourhood Connect through bringing in funding.
Gain funding for Neighbourhood Connect.
The Role of the Grants Leader
We are looking for a person to drive this area. We have other team members who can contribute, with the Grants Leader’s guidance. To achieve funding through such steps as:
● Identifying suitable funding sources and application requirements.
● Speaking to funding contact people
● Drafting, gaining agreement and submitting funding applications.
● Investigating suitable organisations with tax deductibility charity status to partner with for philanthropic grants.
● Organising meetings with key people such as politicians or key departmental personnel to discuss funding (optional).
● have experience in writing successful grants
● know how to lead and are proactive, reliable and organised
● want to make a difference by being part of a project that builds communities
● have good communication skills.
What Help Will We Give You?
You’ll have support to do this:
● Guidance and advice from members of our Leadership Team by phone and email.
● Information on our website, kits and other material on the project.
What Will You Get From This?
● Satisfaction from contributing to the growth of a great community building project.
● The opportunity to put your grant seeking / writing skills to good use and possibly expand those skills.
● The opportunity to use and further develop your leadership and mentoring skills.
● A reference or referee to assist with your career.
All the project team work from home and therefore can live anywhere in Australia.
Hours of Work
A minimum time commitment of a half day per week is needed for this role, but this does not have to be done all at once and can be spread throughout the week. Your work is done from your home (there is no office).
Take the Next Step
If you’re interested in being our Grants Leader, please apply to Irene Opper, email@example.com addressing the following:
● why this interests you;
● your experience with gaining grant funding;
● your experience with leading – being responsible for outcomes and leading others;
● your contact details; and
● Your CV.
If you have any questions please call Irene on 0413 706 233.
This role description will be removed when filled. So if it’s right for you, please apply today.
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0413706233
Please quote in application: Grants Leader via Pro Bono Australia.