About the role
Neighbourhood Connect is a national not-for-profit community organisation. We are helping people across Australia to create neighbourhood groups – to encourage happier, safer and more connected communities. Because life is better when we belong.
We have a national project team and neighbour groups in all States and Territories. Everyone involved is passionate about creating and supporting the creation of community. The project is unfunded; we are all contributing on a voluntary basis.
You can check us out at www.neighbourhoodconnect.org.au
We’re looking for more people to join our Project Team to contribute to the success of Neighbourhood Connect.
To create and disseminate written copy and compelling media releases for Australian print and online media channels. The aim is to promote Neighbourhood Connect groups and the organisation and engage the broader community to connect in their neighbourhoods across Australia.
The Role of the Journalist
- To create and disseminate written copy and compelling media releases
- write stories and about neighbourhood groups for our communications platforms
- create content for newsletters about related topics
- seek opportunities for publishing in community and national print and online media
- disseminate articles and liaise with media outlets
- work collaboratively with other project team members.
We are looking for people who:
- have some time to spare and commit time to this position
- have experience as a journalist and can lead in this role
- are interested in contributing to a community-building project aiming to create a connected neighbourhood movement
- are creative and can work autonomously or as part of a team
- have good communication skills
- are self-motivated, proactive, organised and reliable.
What Help Will We Give You?
You’ll have support to do this, with:
- guidance from Maureen Maher, Communications Manager, by phone and email
- access to existing information and connection to ideas and people to gather story content (Website, kits, evaluation documents and media releases).
What Will You Get From This?
- Satisfaction from contributing to the growth of a great community-building project
- the opportunity to put your journalism expertise to good use in a community development context
- experience working on a national project, with a national Project Team
- a reference/referee to assist you with your career if required.
All the project teamwork from home; therefore, you can live anywhere in Australia.
Hours of Work
For this role, you choose the hours you work and how much time you can contribute. Ideally, a minimum of a few hours a week.
Relationship with Other Roles
The Communications Manager will oversee your contribution and assist in any way possible.
Take the Next Step
Please apply to Maureen Maher, Communications Manager, Maureen@neighbourhoodconnect.org.au addressing the following:
- why this interests you
- your experience with promotions and media
- your contact details
- your CV.
If you have any questions please call Maureen on 0429 378 379.
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0429378379
Please quote in application: Journalist Lead via Pro Bono Australia.