About the Role
Are you seeking a volunteer position genuinely affects positive change? Would you like to use your public relations skills to directly impact the lives of disadvantaged Cambodian families?
Human and Hope Association Incorporated (HHA Inc.) are the Australian fundraising board supporting a grassroots community centre Human and Hope Association (HHA) in Siem Reap, Cambodia. Founded in 2011, HHA have developed from a nightly English school into a reputable NGO that is achieving great outcomes in collaboration with community members. Run entirely by a team of Cambodians, their mission is to empower Cambodians to create sustainable futures for themselves. They are achieving that through education, vocational training and community support projects.
HHA Inc. is a small organisation with a dynamic and driven volunteer board. Your actions will have a direct impact on the lives of the families with whom HHA works. You will have the ability to create and lead real change through your fundraising efforts.
HHA operates projects in the village in the Siem Reap area:
– Education programs for children including Preschool program, English program, Khmer program, library, living values and art class;
– 10 month long vocational Sewing Program for the most disadvantaged members of the community to gain useful skill and find paid work;
– Community projects including workshops, farming training and university scholarships; and
– Hope Handicrafts made at home by sewing program graduates which we sell online and through retailers and events.
We are looking for a passionate person based in Australia to raise awareness about our organisation in an effort to generate funds and awareness about the importance of championing for local empowerment as opposed to participating in voluntourism.
The Public Relations Coordinator is responsible for preparing media releases and gaining media exposure for Human and Hope Association Incorporated.
The Public Relations Coordinator can expect to spend anywhere between 3 – 5 hours a month undertaking this role.
This role reports directly to the President of Human and Hope Association Incorporated.
Roles and Responsibilities
– Draft and distribute public relations materials including media releases, media alerts, fact sheets and other materials.
– Focus on the anti-voluntourism and child protection message.
– Track publicity coverage.
– Work closely with the President of Human and Hope Association Incorporated for quotes, opportunities and speaking opportunities.
So, if you like a challenge and want to be involved with a charity that makes a big impact, contact us. Almost 100% of all donations go directly back to the local projects as there are no paid staff in Australia.
To apply for this role, please send an up-to-date C.V with a cover letter stating why you are suitable for this role to email@example.com. Please be sure to contact Sally, HHA Inc.’s President, if you have any questions about the position.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0424080186
Please quote in application: Public Relations Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.