About the role
Neighbourhood Connect is a national not-for-profit community organisation. We are helping people across Australia create neighbourhood groups – to encourage happier, safer, and more connected communities. Because life is better when we belong.
We have a national project team and neighbour groups in all States and Territories. Everyone involved is passionate about creating and supporting the creation of community. The project is unfunded; we are all contributing voluntarily.
You can check us out at http://www.neighbourhoodconnect.org.au
We’re looking for more people to join our Project Team to contribute to the success of Neighbourhood Connect.
To create compelling messages for a variety of audiences and develop creative strategies to encourage people to connect in their neighbourhoods across Australia.
The Role of the Marketing Leader
- To strengthen Neighbourhood Connect’s messaging and marketing materials
- Work collaboratively with other project team members on areas such as marketing strategy or social media strategy
- Create key messaging and materials for a variety of communication channels – e.g. social media, website, video platforms, email, and print.
Note: If you are an expert, you could contribute strategy and messaging and other team members can carry out the promotional activities.
We are looking for people who:
- Are interested in contributing to a community-building project aiming to create a connected neighbourhoods movement
- Are creative and can work autonomously or as part of a team
- Have good communication skills
- Are self-motivated, proactive, organised, and reliable
- Have media and promotion experience with well-developed social media skills.
What help will we give you?
You’ll have support to do this:
- Guidance from Maureen Maher, Communications Manager, by phone and email
- Existing material (website, kits, and media releases).
What will you get from this?
- Satisfaction from contributing to the growth of a great community-building project
- The opportunity to put your marketing and media expertise to good use in a community development context
- Experience working on a national project, with a Project Team, currently spanning five States and Territories
- A reference / referee to assist you with your career.
All the project team work from home and; therefore, can live anywhere in Australia.
Hours of Work
For this role, a minimum of two-three hours a week is required. It need not be done in one go.
Relationship with Other Roles
The Communications Manager will oversee your contribution and assist in any way possible.
Take the Next Step
Please apply to Irene Opper, National Manager, at email@example.com, addressing the following:
- Why this interests you
- Your marketing and social media experience, with samples of your work
- Your contact details
- Your CV.
Please note that we are looking for an experienced marketing person for this role. If you have any questions, please call Irene on 0413 706 233.
This role description will be removed when filled.
So if it’s right for you, please apply today.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Social Media Marketing Leader via Pro Bono Australia.