About the role
RSPCA NSW Training Team – Marketing and Promotions Volunteer
This volunteering role is located at our RSPCA NSW Sydney Office– 201 Rookwood Road, YAGOONA NSW 2199.
We are looking for volunteers to help for four hours every fortnight on a Monday.
If you are available on another day, let us know and it can be discussed.
RSPCA NSW prefers volunteers that can commit to at least two volunteering shifts every month.
Please note: A volunteer Working with Children Check (WWCC) and National Criminal History Check are required for this volunteering role. WWCC’s are available through the Office of the Children’s Guardian and are free for volunteering purposes. National Criminal History Checks are completed on your behalf once your application has been reviewed.
About the role
We are seeking a volunteer with experience and expertise in the field of marketing and promotions. The RSPCA NSW training team is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and has undergone significant changes in delivery methods with the current COVID pandemic restricting the ability of many face-to-face courses.
Having looked at other short course options we have developed some fully online non accredited courses and are continuing to grow the number of these short courses that we offer.
As a result, we require some hands-on assistance assisting our team in contacting potential clients and businesses to promote these courses.
What this volunteer role looks like
- Discussing ideas of promotion of courses with the team
- Researching potential businesses that may have contacts with potentials clientele for our courses
- Cold calling potential businesses/organisations that may look to promote our courses.
- Keep record of places contacted with responses
- Provide assistance with other administration duties if required e.g., filing and or data entry
- Administrating a Facebook Group for the RTO
- Comply with all Work Health and Safety (WHS) guidelines
- Understand and comply with RSPCA NSW policies and procedures, including the Confidentiality Agreement
What you’ll get out of volunteering with us
- Inclusion in a team focused on animal welfare and education
- Interacting with a variety of people and animals
- Experience in a not-for-profit RTO in marketing, communications and promotions
- Ongoing support for other opportunities in the organisation, where possible
What we need from you
- At least 18 years old
- Hold a valid Working with Children Check (NSW)
- Undergo a National Criminal History Check
- Excellent communication skills, specifically over the phone and in-person
- Enjoy interacting with people
- Experience on marketing and promotion
- Ability to follow direction, work within a team and individually
- Clear and accurate communication skills
- Positive and professional attitude
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Training Team - Marketing and Promotions Volunteer via Pro Bono Australia.