About the Role
Pingala has a vision of a fairer energy system, where communities are empowered to collectively own and operate local renewable energy projects; re-localising business and sharing the benefits + opportunities of our transition to renewable energy.
Pingala recently completed their first project on the roof of Young Henrys craft brewery in the Inner West suburb of Newtown in Sydney. The Pingala Co-operative sold all the shares issued for funding the project in just nine minutes and achieved several firsts in the process: the first operating community solar co-operative with investors; the first community solar lease; the first equity crowdfunded community solar project. We are now in negotiations with a range of organisations and some extremely exciting things in the pipeline for Pingala’s future and so we are in need of more help to get it done!
We are currently seeking a Volunteer Coordinator who can help source, communicate with, integrate and engage our team of awesome team of volunteers.
1. Working with team leaders to develop position descriptions for necessary roles
2. Posting position ads and communicating with interested candidates
3. Identifying suitable candidates and connecting with relevant teams
4. Sending out welcome information to new volunteers
5. Helping to coordinate monthly meetings and social volunteer events
• Fantastic people skills
• Preferably some experience in coordinating volunteers/managing people/human resources
• A passion for clean green energy generation and community empowerment!!
• Availability of the second Wednesday of every month for our monthly team meetings at UTS
Training: We will train you in all things Pingala to fully equip you for the role!
Team: Pingala People Team
Reports to: April Crawford-Smith
Hours/week: 4 hours / week
Pingala is a diverse, inclusive and fun group of people who are highly motivated and inspired to make projects happen. If you think this role is for you, and you wish to improve your skills, deepen your understanding of the not for profit sector and develop professionally, then consider this opportunity.
Please submit your resume and why you’d be a good fit for this role to:
Pingala: Community Renewables for Sydney
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Volunteer Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.