About the Role
At GOMO we are dedicated to building exceptional communities in Africa by empowering young women with the resources to change their future. To do this, we are creating opportunities for young women to build their skills and transform their lives and communities. We are kicking off this mission in Zimbabwe, with an aim to educate 1,000 young women. Over time, we will expand our reach into other parts of Africa and extend beyond education to tell the stories and form the key partnerships that will enable our young women to continue to grow and thrive throughout their lives. Please visit our website for more information: http://www.gomofoundation.org.au/
The Web Developer is a creative and online platforms savvy volunteer, who helps the organisation implement and drive technology tools to the best of its functionality through his web design and development. The web developer takes control of the website development following the foundation’s values and the Management team directions, while keeping updated on the latest technologies and online tools available for benefit of the non for profit organisations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Building the School Ambassador Program web portal to allow the Gomo Foundation to connect and share information with local Victorian School Ambassadors
- In charge of developing, maintaining and modifying as required the Gomo Foundation’s Ambassador Program website.
- Improving existing Gomo Foundation website – maintaining, scaling and constantly expanding the site, determining technical requirements of the website.
- Writing code which is efficient, well-designed and testable by using the best software practices.
- Creating user interface/website layout, utilising standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Gathering and refining requirements/specifications based on technical needs.
- Creating and maintaining software documentation.
- Cooperating with graphic designer to keep consistent with visual design intent.
- Staying updated with industry trends/emerging technologies to apply them to the Foundation’s operation.
- Conceptualizing improved design ideas to enhance site simplicity and user-friendliness.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Please quote in application: Volunteer Web Developer via Pro Bono Australia.