Have you or your organisation ever struggled to understand the myriad numbers in front of you?
Essential to good accounting and general financial practice is interpreting the results, but it can be overwhelming when there are so many figures meaning so many different things.
In this 60-minute webinar, with information tailored to a not-for-profit audience, CPA Australia, in conjunction with Visual Finance, will help you and your organisation to have a better understanding of:
- income statements, balance sheets and how they interact;
- the difference between cash and profit; and
- how to use ratios.
Financial literacy is essential for not-for-profit directors to ensure their organisation is operating and helping others as efficiently as possible. This webinar will give not-for-profit directors seven tools to cut through the numbers, they are:
- spotting assumptions
- income and expenditure
- revenue recognition
- balance sheet
- cash flow
- power of ratios
This webinar will draw on the following information sources:
- A guide to understanding the financial reports of Not-For-Profit-Entities.
- Financial Intelligence: A Manager’s Guide to knowing what the numbers mean.
- Personal experiences from working in the Not-For-Profit sector.
This webinar is presented as part of the Mentor the Treasurer program which is created and managed in conjunction with CPA Australia.
*Please note: This event is happening at 2pm ADST