We’ve teamed up with our friends at Fundraising Research and Consulting to deliver a discounted full day of professional learning in grant-seeking and major gifts prospect research! Book for either session ($275 each) or both!
Kicking off at 8.45am is our practical half-day Grant-Seeker Workshop, which delivers:
– an overview of the grants landscape
– steps to ensuring your organisation is ‘grant ready’
– advice on project packaging, developing grant-ready project plans, and setting up internal processes to succeed
– feedback from funders on why applications do or don’t succeed
– tips on relationship building
– how to write a great grant application, including examples of good and bad responses
– next steps when an application is successful or unsuccessful, and effective reporting, acquittal and stewardship strategies
Based on our interaction with both funders and grant recipients, this workshop provides best-practice strategies for grant-seeking as well as the opportunity to discuss challenges and examples drawn from attendees’ experiences.
Participants will receive a Strategic Grants Project Information Template and a Grant-Writing Checklist to assist them with implementing what they have learned.
Full participation in the Grant-Seeker Workshop component of this event is applicable for 4 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
After a break for networking and lunch, our friends at FR&C will take you through Prospect Research for Major Gifts Success from 1.30pm.
Do you know how to identify your potential major donors and qualify them through effective prospect research? In this fact-packed session, FR&C’s experienced researchers outline the growing importance of major gift philanthropy in Australia, and take you through the key resources you need to carry out effective prospect research and put it to use in your fundraising strategy.
What the workshop covers
– An overview of the potential: wealth in Australia
– Key developments in major gift philanthropy
– How prospect research can help in your major gift program, and what are the key questions to ask
– Some key tools and resources to help you answer those questions
– How to use the information you find effectively in your fundraising strategy
– How to use research to help you to determine ask amounts
Participants receive a free copy of FR&C’s new book Understanding Major Donors: a Guide to Prospect Research for Australian Fundraisers.