Presented by Peter Dalton and the CEO of the Mater Foundation, Nigel Harris, this webinar examines the intellectual and experiential thinking around organisational leadership and development at the Mater Foundation, leading to the development of the Foundation’s Mission-to-Market map.
When co-authoring his book, Giving Hope: The Journey of the For- Purpose Organisation and Its Quest for Success, Dalton found the organisations they were working with consistently encountered the same six challenges to fundraising: staff turnover; cost ratios; tied funding; the product or hope/misery dilemma; crowded market; and pecking order challenge.
The root causes of the Six Dilemmas require much more than band-aids on symptoms. The causes start with how organisations operate, are structured, align to their mission, delegate decision-making, coordinate, collaborate, and communicate both internally and externally… leading to the need for the Mission-to-Market Map.
Join this 60-minute webinar to learn:
- How the Mater Foundation grappled with a major restructure and office relocation by considering their Mission-to-Market Map
- How the Six Dilemmas could be holding your organisation back
- How even experienced for-purpose organisation managers can begin their own journeys of discovery in order to create more engaged, collaborative and effective teams, which break down silos and deliver greater outcomes and impact for their organisations’ missions.
Pricing and webinar details:
• Online Event
• Thursday, 22 August 2019, 2pm – 3pm (AEST)
• Individual Access from $55
Ticket price includes:
• Live access to the webinar — all you need is a computer and/or phone
• Access to the interactive chat box to have your questions answered live
• Post Webinar Pack. The packs include the audio and visual recordings, slide deck, and (if purchased) the webinar book. The webinar book includes the session’s transcript with corresponding slides, the live chat stream and presenter notes.
Who should attend?
For-purpose organisation board members, CEO’s, executive team, fundraising managers/directors… anyone in not-for-profit management will benefit from attending this webinar.
Peter Dalton and Nigel Harris
Following an early career in politics as Principal Private Secretary to The Hon. Don Chipp, Parliamentary Leader Australian Democrats, Peter Dalton launched a fundraising consultancy career following a seven year stint with leading Australian fundraising firm, Downes, Venn & Associates, where he managed multiple campaigns across all sectors. Earlier this year Peter co-authored and published Giving Hope: The Journey of the For-Purpose Organisation and Its Quest for Success which focuses on three organisations as case studies: Plan International, Mater Foundation, and Oxfam, with the aim of informing For-Purpose, Not-For-Profit organisations about fundraising leadership.
Nigel Harris is Chief Executive Officer of Mater Foundation, a role he has held for 23 years. He holds an MBA as well as qualifications in Public Relations and Marketing and is a Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE). Having worked in the non-profit sector for 35 years, Nigel is a Fellow and past Chairman of Fundraising Institute Australia (FIA) and remains actively involved in the sector, currently serving on Boards of several organisations operating nationally and internationally.