Strengthening system-wide responses to improve holistic outcomes for children
The out-of-home care and child protection system are struggling to achieve many long-term outcomes for vulnerable children, often perpetuating cycles of disadvantage. Crisis-driven approaches are not achieving good outcomes and have called for greater investment in whole of sector strategies aimed at early intervention, preservation and restorative practice.
In a great period of transition for the child protection and out-of-home care sector, the Improving Outcomes for Vulnerable Children conference will bring together key stakeholders across Government and NGO service providers to address key areas of reform and showcase evidence-based approaches to deliver better outcomes for vulnerable children.
Learn how the sector is:
- Implementing evidence-based & therapeutic care models
- Investing in restoration & preservation
- Measuring & evaluating outcomes
- Strengthening workforce capability, including carer recruitment
- Improving self determination & cultural responsiveness for Aboriginal & CALD children
- Supporting young people transition from care to independence
- Working to improve outcomes for children in care with a disability
Who will attend?
Federal and state government representatives, NGOs & service providers with responsibilities for:
- Out of Home Care
- Child Protection
- Permanency Support
- Family Preservation & Restoration
- Foster Care
- Kinship Care
- Residential Care
- Family & Child Support Services
- Youth & Justice
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to hear how government and NGOs from other states and
territories are improving outcomes through key areas of reform and evidence-based approaches.
Register your interest now and receive up to $700 off the full priced ticket. Take a further $100 off by using the discount code CC*PB.
Find out more: http://go.criterionconferences.com/7151-probono