In the current COVID climate, we’re hearing from more and more organisations considering merging or amalgamating. Merging with another group can help secure government funding, increase efficiency, expand the breadth and reach of services, and ensure sustainability. But to achieve a successful merger takes planning and effort. Before heading down this road, your organisation should understand what’s involved – including the benefits and costs, the due diligence required and other legal issues that might come up along the way.
- What does it mean to merge or amalgamate with another group – and why do it?
- Key legal considerations for groups joining together
- Key steps in the amalgamations and merger process
- How to perform ‘due diligence’
- Additional resources to help in the future