Do you work or volunteer in a not-for-profit organisation? Do you collect personal information? If so, this session is for you.This webinar is must for anyone involved in a not-for-profit organisation that wants to know more about privacy law and best practice for managing the personal information of clients, members, volunteers and others.
We’ll walk you through the personal information lifecycle; from collection, through to use and disclosure, storage and access, complaints and the data breach notification laws.
- Privacy laws that might apply to your organisation
• Systems to put in place to manage personal information
• How to legally collect, use, handle and store personal information
• Information rights for individuals – access and correction
• Data breach notification laws
• Top tips and further resources
Who should attend?
- Staff, committee members and volunteers of not-for-profit organisations
What you’ll receive:
- 75-minutes of plain-language training from an expert lawyer
- Opportunity to ask the lawyer questions
- Copy of webinar recording and slide presentation (recording available for 30 days)
- Information on further resources and support from Justice Connect and others
- From $30 for individuals
This is an online event – access details for the webinar will be sent 3-5 days prior to event.
Can’t make it – not a problem
- Register today and we’ll send you the recording for you to access at a time that suits you.
Here’s what past participants said about our webinars
- “Very practical guidance and lots of access to resources and links etc to help in the future!”
- “Webinars make it a lot more convenient and I would definitely recommend others to attend your webinars.”
- “Really clear, concise and accessible information. Thank you!”