About the Role
Provide child focused outreach Family Support to families, who have dependent children. A holistic approach is to be taken in providing a developmental and supportive role assisting parents to improve their parenting skills and provide a safer environment for their children.
Provide casework and group work to the most vulnerable people aged 12 to 18 years and their families using strength based model.
A holistic approach is to be taken in providing and supporting young people to improve their relationships with their parents while assisting the young people to reach their goals and full potential.
The Caseworker will adhere to guidelines and provide quality services to clients through case management and support, case planning and reporting; assessing the strengths and needs of the child, youth and family, including any risks, planning, coordination of a variety of culturally appropriate supported services to meet the child, youth and family’s needs; and monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the services being delivered to the child, youth and family.
They will maintain professional development in relation to identified best practices, understanding and apply reporting requirements including Mandatory Reporting and other legislative requirements; being aware of program, policy and service changes.
A function of the Caseworker is to undertake activities to implement the case plans for child, youth and families including information and advice, support, advocacy, and referrals to relevant agencies or specialist services, and skills development to help families achieve outcomes.
They will ensure that all reporting and case files (paper based and electronic) are of the highest quality standard, and data is protected to ensure client’s information is private and confidential.
The Caseworker will deliver services in accordance with organisational policies, procedures and Code of Conduct; relevant legislative frameworks; and in accordance with conditions identified in funding agreements.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION:
The Caseworker reports directly to the Team Leader.
Support and direction may at times be provided by other Team Leaders and the Service Manager.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
The caseworker will be responsible for the day to day provision of child youth and family program.
About the Organisation
Macarthur Family & Youth Services has been supporting the families of Macarthur for over 35 years.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0246204667
1. Qualification in Social Work, Social Sciences, Community Welfare or similar
2. Experience providing casework to children, young people and or families with child protection concerns
3. Sound understanding of the issues affecting families, including mental health, drug and alcohol and domestic violence
4. Experience in working with families with multiple, complex needs
5. Demonstrated understanding and responsibility in relation to NSW Keep Them Safe
6. Demonstrated understanding of issues facing vulnerable families; principles of early intervention; and of children’s developmental stages and practical parenting skills
7. Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience in developing professional and interagency relationships
8. Proven ability to maintain accurate and thorough case notes and complete reporting requirements to the highest standard
9. Competence in use of keyboard and standard PC software including excel
10. Current full drivers licence and access to a vehicle with comprehensive insurance
11. NSW Working with Children Check Clearance & Police Criminal Record Check
Information for Candidates
Terms and Conditions of Employment
Macarthur Family & Youth Services works under the Social, Community, Homecare & Disability Services Award 2010
The post is subject to a probationary period of 6 months during which your performance will be reviewed. During this probationary period, either party may terminate the contract by giving the appropriate notice.
Your main place of work will be at 16 King Street Campbelltown.
There will be variable sites of work dependent on service delivery needs.
Your application will need to include:
• Your current resume
• Statement against each of the selection criteria outlined in this Job Description
To receive the information package and selection criteria please contact the administration team on: 02 4620 4667
Please email your application to the manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Applications is 5pm 24 July 2017
If successful at interview we will require details of three referees including your current or most recent manager.
Late applications will not be accepted
Please quote in application: Child Youth & Family Caseworker via Pro Bono Australia.