About the Role
As the National Programs Manager you will be responsible for the strategic and operational management of The Humour Foundation’s programs in line with the organisation’s strategic direction, and in partnership with the Artistic Director. You will have key oversight of Clown Doctors, Elder Clowns, Laughter Boss and Laughter Works day to day operations.
• Implementing the Programs Strategy and budget, including achieving clown round and elder clown visit targets.
• Leading and supporting a team of geographically disperse Local Program Co-ordinators, and local Programs Admin Officer.
• Supporting a national team of 60 performers.
• Implementing the Stakeholder Engagement Strategy, including liaison with host hospitals and aged care facilities.
• Implementing the Safeguarding Vulnerable People Strategy, including Safeguarding Children Accreditation.
• Overseeing facility contracts and compliance.
• Implementing the Measurement and Evaluation Strategy.
• Overseeing the Programs IT operations.
• Consciously fostering a culture that supports the organisation’s mission.
• Participating as a member of the Foundation’s leadership team.
• Working in partnership with the Artistic Director.
• Reporting directly to the CEO.
If you are passionate and experienced program manager, with a strong strategic orientation, who is a natural relationship builder and communicator, while also maintaining meticulous attention to detail and organisation skills, then this may be the perfect role for you.
The skills and attributes we are looking for are:
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Strong strategic orientation
• Exceptional relationship management skills
• Excellent communicator
• Strong financial management skills
• Strong computer and technology literacy
• Highly organised and effective
• Self-reflective with a learning orientation
• Ability to lead a geographically dispersed team
• Ability to thrive in a multi-disciplinary team
• Passion for our cause
About the Organisation
Imagine being a sick kid in hospital, in need of a friend to play, laugh and smile with, that’s the magic of Clown Doctors. By engaging children in an environment where they may feel frightened or anxious, Clown Doctors aim to empower children and uplift their spirit. It might be a red nose transplant or ‘cat’ scan, whatever tickles the funny bone for each child on their healing journey. The whole hospital community benefits – patients, families and staff.
Imagine living with dementia in aged care, in need of a friend to share, laugh and smile with, that’s the magic of Elder Clowns. Elder Clowns are highly skilled professional performers trained by The Humour Foundation to work in aged care and dementia facilities. From sharing a song from a bygone era, playfully seeking advice, or connecting over costumes and objects reminiscent of a more familiar time, Elder Clowns enhance health, dignity and happiness for elderly residents. By entering their world, they help residents maintain positive interactions during a time in their life often characterised by immense loss for both them and their families.
Laugher Boss workshops aim to empower staff working in the aged care industry to bring more smiles, laughter and play to residents, families and facilities. The Foundation runs regular Laughter Boss workshops around Australia.
Laughter Works is a social enterprise arm of the Foundation, offering expert speakers talking about the value of play, humour and creativity in the workplace.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 8978 4500
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: National Programs Manager via Pro Bono Australia.