About the Role
- Full time – 12 months from date of recruitment;
- This position is based in Carlton and Braybrook;
- Generous salary packaging options where eligible which will significantly increase the value of take-home pay;
- Work within an ambitious and fast paced environment and join a team with a heart! Love what you do!
The roles are suited to applicants who are passionate about working in a rewarding field. You must be adaptable, capable of dealing with change and enjoy working within a team environment. Demonstrated experience working in a similar role will be an advantage.
As a member of the Integrated Family Services team, the Family Services worker will work in partnership with children, young people and families toward developing a care plan to achieve mutual goals to reduce any risks posed to children and young people’s safety and wellbeing.
The Family Services worker will be required to:
- Address protective concerns and enhance family functioning whilst ensuring the safety and wellbeing of the child/children, young people and family members effective care planning, case practice and ongoing assessment and liaison;
- Manage clinical risk according to the “Best Interests” framework;
- Liaise and, where necessary, consult with Community Based Child Protection Practitioner (CBCPP);
- Liaise effectively with the Western Integrated Family Services Alliance in support of a productive partnership model; and
- This role may also require intake and assessment/holding work within the Child FIRST team as directed.
Offering a collaborative approach and enthusiastic attitude, your skills and experience include:
- A curious and positive approach to your work life, continuously striving to contribute to the growth and development of cohealth as a provider of choice;
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work with eligibility to membership of AASW;
- Proven capacities to work effectively with women impacted by family violence and their children;
- An understanding of legislations that relate to child safety, Victorian Child Protection systems and Case Practice framework;
- Experience developing goal directed approach to care planning via a Child and Family Action plan and review within specific timelines; and
- An understanding of the family violence, mental health, drug and alcohol and child protection sector, desirable
If this describes you, then here at cohealth, we have an opportunity that will challenge you, motivate you and revitalise your passion for healthcare.
About the Organisation
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
This position will be paid under the Community Health Centre (Stand Alone Services) Social and Community Service Employees Multi Enterprise Agreement 2013 -2015, Social Worker Class 2, year dependent on experience (SCHADS Level 5)
Apply for this Job
To be considered for the role, you must address the Key Selection Criteria (with clear headings) within your cover letter. The Key Selection Criteria can be found in the attached Position Description.
Applications close on 22nd December
People accepting employment with cohealth are unable to access our services
Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
To apply for this job go to: www.cohealthcareers.org.au/Jobs/ & enter ref code: 3897014
Please quote in application: Family Services Worker via Pro Bono Australia.