About the Role
- Leading conservation organisation protecting rainforests forever
- Would suit an environmentalist with a background in fundraising
- Currently based in Mullumbimby, Far North NSW Coast
Reporting to a highly skilled board and working closely with a small, dedicated team, you will drive the strategic plan to ensure effective organisational growth, including nurturing relationships with existing and potential partners.
Aligned with identified conservation outcomes, the CEO is also the key fundraiser in the organisation who maintains, develops and executes the full fundraising strategy and budget together with the team.
You will achieve this via a focus on:
- Management of organisational staff and best practice governance
- Initiating, supporting and facilitating both conservation and fundraising priorities
- Establishing and nurturing relationships with key funders, stakeholders and other conservation bodies
- Financial management including budget formulation and implementation
- Representing the organisation in the media
You’re passionate and knowledgeable about conservation. Your energy will inspire those around you and you will be confident communicating at all levels. You have the experience to lead a team of talented and committed individuals to ensure the long-term viability of the organisation.
Ideally, you are an experienced fundraiser or business developer from the NFP or commercial sectors with the ability to form partnerships with community groups, donors and corporates attracting volunteers, philanthropy, donations, sponsorships and partnerships.
Honesty, transparency and sense of humour will be integral in the role.
About the Organisation
Rainforest Rescue has been protecting and restoring rainforests in Australia and internationally since 1998 via the purchasing of properties of high conservation value rainforest and biodiversity.
The organisation also restores rainforest through planting, maintenance and weed removal and provides volunteer opportunities for individuals and businesses to protect rainforests forever.
The core operational staff and volunteers are headquartered in Mullumbimby with a satellite office in Sydney and the land management conservation team in the Daintree undertaking forest preservation, planting days and running the native nursery.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.