About the Role
Based at our Footscray site
1 EFT, 12 month contact
An opportunity to contribute to the care and quality of life for our clients
The Family Violence Case Manager role sits within the Better Health West team and contributes to cohealth’s provision of support to women and children living in the Western suburbs of Melbourne who are affected by family violence.
In providing a crucial case-management response to the needs of women and children affected by family violence you will also provide comprehensive, family-centred, strengths-based needs assessment with a focus on family violence risk assessment and risk management, linking clients to the supports they need in order to increase their safety and assist their recovery.
Your Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Providing ethical, trauma-sensitive, goal-directed and client-centred case management support to women and their children, with experiences of family violence;
- Undertaking a comprehensive family-centred assessment of client’s needs with a particular focus on family violence related risk assessment and management as per the Common Risk Assessment Framework (CRAF) and the Assessing Children and Young People Experiencing Family Violence guidelines;
- Developing and monitoring appropriate goal-directed care plans (GDCP) ensuring clients are actively engaged in the planning and decision making process;
- Providing services in a manner that is sensitive to diversity and to each client’s individual abilities, background and beliefs (e.g. cultural); and
- Work with both internal and external stakeholders to provide a coordinated approach that is based on the client’s identified goals and objectives
Offering a collaborative approach and enthusiastic attitude, your skills and experience include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work with eligibility to AASW membership or an equivalent qualification as determined by cohealth;
- Minimum of two years demonstrated experience in provision of a high standard of client centred case management or crisis support;
- Sound understanding of family violence and knowledge of the family violence service system;
- The ability to establish respectful and collaborative professional relationships that have clear boundaries with consumers, staff and partner organisations; and
- Well-developed understanding of the gendered nature of family violence
We’re committed to high performance, engaging team culture and investing in our people. Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working with an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being.
This position will be paid under the Community Health Centre (Stand Alone Services) Social and Community Service Employees Multi Enterprise Agreement 2013 – 2015, Social Worker Class 2 Year 3
About the Organisation
Why work for us:
You will be in joining a health service which will see you working in a fast-paced, challenging and supportive environment where every employee plays a critical role in our ongoing success.
You will enjoy a variety of benefits including, generous salary packaging options, which will significantly increase the value of take-home pay. Other attractive benefits include annual leave loading, work life balance, support culture, study leave and professional development opportunities
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Violence Case Manager via Pro Bono Australia.