About the Role
This is an exciting and challenging role and an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of haemoglobinopathy patients as well as amongst the wider Australian community. You will also seek the holistic welfare of all those affected by haemoglobinopathies and raise awareness of the conditions amongst the general public.
Working closely with the Executive Committee, you will be responsible for liaising and engaging with haemoglobinopathy patients and the wider Australian public to promote health and well-being with regards to haemoglobinopathies. You will also initiate and implement strategies and activities to achieve such health promotion. Additionally, you will utilise educational platforms to raise awareness of the conditions.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
– Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (health promotion, public health, education or social welfare)
– Effective presentation skills
– Demonstrated experience in health promotion resource development
– Experience working with culturally and linguistically diverse community groups
– Experience working with diverse age groups (particularly youth)
– Well-developed interpersonal skills
– Excellent problem solving skills
– Ability to maintain confidentiality
If you believe you fit this profile, we look forward to receiving your application. Your application must address the selection criteria.
Position Description attached.
Applications close: 5pm, 23 February 2018
Only successful applicants will be contacted
If you have any enquiries, please call the Thalassaemia and Sickle Cell Australia office on 03 9888 2211 between 10am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
Phone : 03 9888 2211
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Health Promotion Worker via Pro Bono Australia.