About the Role
Part time 0.6 – 0.8 EFT negotiable,
12 months contract
Based across Footscray & Collingwood
Our search is for a dynamic individual with;
- Lived experience as a carer, of a person with mental illness;
- An understanding of community engagement models and experience based co-design;
- Well-developed skills in facilitating community participation and focus groups; and
- Relevant Tertiary qualification in community development, social work, community services, child youth and family services, psychology, public health, other health qualifications or any qualification with a focus on social research complemented by significant relevant experience.
We believe in developing our people to assist in driving continuous improvement within the organisation. At the same time we are dedicated to creating a working culture where staff members can flourish. We work hard to ensure that all our positions are challenging and rewarding, where you can utilise and further develop your skills to truly make a difference
Our programs are delivered within a framework of strengths-based, recovery-oriented practice. We are committed to applying a co-design approach, working with consumers, carers and staff, to improve and re-design services, or create new ones. We deliver consistent, high quality recovery-oriented services by using the Collaborative Recovery Model (CRM) and ensuring competency in trauma informed care and family centred practice.
About the role:
The Carer/Family Engagement and Co-design Lead as been developed to work closely with members of the Practice, Research and Consumer and Carer Leadership Program, to provide leadership of key co-design initiatives. The Carer/Family Engagement and Co-design Lead will develop relationships with a broad range of stakeholders and implement a comprehensive co-design plan, creating pathways for greater involvement of consumers, carers/family and staff in service improvement and re-design.
Your duties and responsibilities within this role will comprise of:
- Providing leadership in the delivery of key co-design activities either through facilitation of key co-design projects or co-design secondary consult to other community mental health staff;
- Analysis and interpretation of information about experience and facilitation of co-design focus groups with consumers, carers/families and staff to re-design aspects of service delivery;
- Develop systems for and lead the dissemination of action plans and recommendations generated through focus groups;
- Assist community mental health programs to operate within the Carers Recognition Act 2012 (Vic) and National Standards for Mental Health Services;
- Contribute to the development of a team approach where carer/family participation is a shared responsibility of all staff; and
- Assist carers/families to participate effectively in co-design activities by providing orientation and guidance.
About the Organisation
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
This position will be paid under the Victorian Stand-Alone Community Health Services (Health and Allied Services, Mangers and Administrative Officers) Multiple Enterprise Agreement 2011-2015, Grade 4
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Carer/Family Engagement and Co-design Lead via Pro Bono Australia.