About the Role
- An excellent opportunity to join one of Australia’s leading international not for profits
- Fixed term part time contract to Dec 2018 parental leave backfill, 17.5 hours per week
- Based in Fortitude Valley, Brisbane
We are looking for a passionate and target driven fundraising events professional ready to dive in to support participants for Oxfam Trailwalker Brisbane.
This role is responsible for engaging with 300 teams and raising $1 million from peer to peer fundraising in Brisbane.
Playing an integral part of the Events Fundraising Team, this role will focus on increasing participant fundraising, retention rates, corporate engagement and stewarding high fundraising teams to ultimately contribute to grow net income across the Events portfolio
- Excellent knowledge of peer to peer fundraising with two years’ experience in events fundraising, desirable
- Strong supporter relationship experience with a focus on the supporter journey and the ability to increase participation and fundraising targets.
- Exceptional communication skills. You’ll write, plan and segment tailored EDMs
- Excellent customer service skills especially on the phone. You’ll be supporting and encouraging fundraisers to increase their fundraising goals to maximise their impact through peer-to-peer fundraising
- Confidence hosting key events to corporates and participants to inspire fundraising and acknowledge fundraising achievement
- Ability to use a fundraising Event Database s to record and manage participant interactions.
- Insights to uncovering impactful participant stories that can be leveraged, to drive participation, fundraising and to build awareness, across media and social media.
We can offer you
- A base salary of $69,979 pro rata plus superannuation pro rata and access to generous NFP tax concessions (specifically, a salary packaging scheme offering up to $18,450 of your salary tax free)
- The opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- A flexible and supportive workplace
- Interstate travel to work on Oxfam Trailwalker Events
About the Organisation
Around the globe, Oxfam works to find practical, innovative ways for people to lift themselves out of poverty and thrive. We save lives and help rebuild livelihoods when crisis strikes. And we campaign so that the voices of the poor influence the local and global decisions that affect them.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of the Oxfam Events team responsible for delivering experiential events for Oxfam Australia. Included in the portfolio of events is Oxfam Trailwalker Australia held in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth. Oxfam Trailwalker is Australia’s premier walking event. Be part of a team which stewards 8,000 teams of four to take on a life changing challenge to raise $8.5 million annually for Oxfam Australia’s life changing work.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Event Fundraising Coordinator – Queensland via Pro Bono Australia.