About the Role
- Join the leading voice for public education in Australia in a senior leadership position
- Effectively manage the operation of the membership centre and membership staff workflow
- Attractive remuneration package & benefits; Abbotsford location
Reporting to the Branch Secretary, you will play a pivotal role in leading a team in the management and coordination of membership related services to AEU members ensuring that operations are adhering to compliance and are running efficiently and effectively.
You will be responsible for:
- Coordinating the work of the Membership workgroup to ensure the efficient and effective operation of membership data and member dues payment and a high level of service provision to members
- Acting as a conduit where necessary between leadership and the Membership work group on operational matters, including advising, reporting to and implementing leadership decisions
- Fostering a culture of continuous improvement and accountability
- Setting high professional standards by providing staff guidance and support through mentoring and professional development
- Managing staff performance including member complaints
To be considered for this position, you will have ideally worked in a senior management position in a membership based organisation. You will have demonstrated people leadership skills where you have coached, mentored and motivated staff. As a highly organised individual with a strategic and innovative mindset, you have the ability to manage work flow and evaluate, streamline and implement complex business processes.
This role will be suited to a passionate and resilient people leader with a strong commitment to customer service and unionism.
About the Organisation
AEU Victoria is the Victorian branch of the Australian Education Union – the federal union for teachers, principals, support staff and all educators working in public education.
With over 185,000 members nationally and over 50,000 members in Victoria, AEU are proud to work for people who have one of the most important jobs in the country and advocate for quality public education accessible to all Australians.
Apply for this Job
If working with a team to innovate and provide first class service to their members is of interest to you please click apply, submit your resume and covering letter in MS Word format, quoting reference #34161 or phone Emma Naglieri on 03 8319 4080 for further information.
Please quote in application: Membership Manager via Pro Bono Australia.