About the Role
COTA Queensland (Council on the Ageing) has successfully run Community Education programs with seniors groups for two decades, delivering information and behaviour change sessions that provide accurate, independent and relevant resources to meet the needs of older Queenslanders. The programs are delivered through an established network of peer educators, who are older Queenslanders who volunteer their time and skills to facilitate sessions for seniors in their own communities.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Project Officer to work with COTA’s Community Education team to lead development and roll-out of content, resources, and training for the peer educators. The information sessions will inform older Queenslanders on a range of topics such as aged care and disability support systems, and retirement villages and manufactured home parks, as well as support them to be informed and active consumers.
• Project Development: Work with the COTA Community Education team, including the peer educators, as well as with external project partners to co-design and pilot interactive informative sessions for seniors and accompanying information and referral resources.
• Project Implementation: Work with peer educators to implement the new education sessions, including organising and running training workshops.
• Monitoring and Evaluation: Monitor implementation of the project plans and take a leading role in project evaluation, including writing of final reports.
• Volunteer Support: Provide support and training to COTA Queensland peer educators in relation to the project.
• Collaboration: Build on and support other COTA Queensland activities as required.
Applications should include:
• A cover letter of no more than 2 pages directly addressing Experience and Competencies within the context of the Key Responsibilities, as listed in the attached Position Description.
• A CV of no more than 3 pages.
About the Organisation
We strive to influence government legislation and policies and help shape community attitudes towards ageing and older people.
We help foster social change by providing leadership and expert advice on ageing issues, working with other peak agencies and Councils on Ageing across Australia and sister organisations around the world.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 07 3316 2999
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: PROJECT OFFICER – COMMUNITY EDUCATION via Pro Bono Australia.