About the Role
As a Residential Skills Coach you will be working directly with young people assisting them to develop day-to-day living skills, social and relationship skills, while maintaining a safe and positive environment. You will work within a broader team of staff and other key professionals to ensure that the wellbeing and safety of young people is maintained. You will be able to manage trauma-based behaviour and critical incidents. You will be required to work within Anglicare Victoria’s residential framework to ensure a quality service delivery in line with DHHS policy and program requirements.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant qualification (minimum Cert IV) in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and Out of Home Care), or a willingness to undertake top up training for this qualification.
- Relevant experience and competence in the Human Services field including working with young people in a residential setting.
- Ability and willingness to work effectively as part of a team, to meet program goals and objectives.
- Appropriate and effective verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Commitment to the principles and practice of quality care in residential settings for the most vulnerable and disadvantaged young people, and to promote autonomy and self-determination for clients.
About the Organisation
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Apply for this Job
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
For a detailed position description, KEYS. Active Night Shift PD.pdf
For further enquiries contact Maree Italiano on 03 9412 6154.
Applications close Thursday 1st March 2018
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
Please quote in application: Residential Skills Coach – Active night shift via Pro Bono Australia.