About the Role
This newly created position has been generated to provide day-to-day operational leadership of the HOMHS team in accordance with relevant legislation, targets and budgets and deliver care coordination of HOMHS homeless mental health clients. The principles and standards for delivering these programs will be in accordance with the Department of Health specifications, current best practice, the strategic directions of the program and cohealth, including cohealth policy and procedures as they apply.
The Team Leader-Care Coordinator will model exemplary practice and provide supervision, coaching and support to the local team. Monitoring team performance inclusive of interagency team
members, develop staff practice and ensure that all client service is delivered within a recovery framework. This is a lead role in coordinating care plans and holding expertise within the team for
complex presentation consumers. Developing partnerships and collaboration between agencies and across the mental health and homelessness sector with an aim to strengthening intake, assessment, planning and integrated care coordination is a key focus within the role.
Desirable skills for the successful applicant are:
- Strong care coordination skills;
- Strong writing skills with complex care plans, risk management and wellness plans;
- Sound understanding of clinical and community mental health sectors, homelessness sector and AOD;
- Understanding of collaborative work with partner agencies including housing, women’s services and clinical mental health;
- Strong case conferencing skills;
- Experience in delivering supervision, coaching and reflective practice;
- Leadership experience in a mental health or similar setting; and
- Understanding of recovery orientated practice.
This position will be paid under the Victorian Stand-Alone Community Health Services (Health and Allied Services, Managers and Administrative Officers) Multiple Enterprise Agreement 2011- 2015, Grade 4 (above award).
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working with an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being.
About the Organisation
Joining cohealth is your chance to make a real and lasting difference in the lives of our clients. We deliver the next generation of community mental health care excellence, cohealth Community Mental Health service comprises highly experienced teams who work with clients who have the most difficulty accessing services.
Benefits of working for cohealth, include but are not limited to:
- Role diversity and internal career progression opportunities
- Keep your work-life balance in check with the flexibility of part-time hours
- Not for Profit "Salary Sacrificing" benefits on top of your salary
- Be part of a dynamic team working within an ambitious and fast paced environment.
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader – Care Coordinator HOMHS via Pro Bono Australia.