About the Role
• Collaborate with ethnic and community organisations
• Lead empowering, capacity building activities
• Enhance quality of life of people with a life limiting illness and their families
• Plan, develop and deliver appropriate, prioritized engagement and capacity building activities in collaboration with relevant community groups and networks.
• Collaboration with many ethnic communities to achieve the goals of the Culturally Responsive Palliative Care Strategy.
• Recruit, train, manage and support a small team of PCV volunteers who will contribute to this work.
Skills and experience
• Expertise and experience in effective collaboration with culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
• Experience in facilitating community engagement and capacity building activities, including working with volunteers.
• Demonstrated initiative, teamwork, flexibility and the capacity to achieve outcomes.
Please refer to the Position Description for more information about the responsibilities and selection criteria.
About the Organisation
Our vision is that all Victorians with a life limiting illness and their families are supported to live, die and grieve well.
We work to achieve our vision through leadership, advocacy, information, support and capacity building, in accordance with our values of respect, collaboration, integrity and compassion.
We focus on achieving these strategic outcomes:
• A vibrant, strong and innovative palliative care sector in Victoria;
• Increased community understanding of what to say and do when facing life-limiting illness, death, grief and loss;
• Improved access by Aboriginal people and CALD communities to culturally responsive palliative care; and
• Growing, innovative, effective and sustainable volunteering.
A committed Board of 9 volunteers provides sound governance. A team of 4 to 5 staff works collaboratively with our stakeholders and members. We are also the ‘go-to’ organisation for members of the public seeking relevant information, support and services.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Mike Kennedy, Projects Manager, or Odette Waanders, CEO
Phone : 03 9662 9644
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Engagement & Capacity Building Manager via Pro Bono Australia.