About the Role
Shopfront needs a Development professional with an excellent record in major philanthropic and corporate gifts, and a great head for strategy.
This person needs to have a passion for giving creative opportunities and a voice to young people, as well as for making positive community change. They must be able to thrive in an environment where they are given considerable freedom and independence, while also being able to work closely with our innovative and fun team.
Importantly this person must be resilient and prepared for an environment of considerable challenge and change, working with young people and working in a team to develop a whole new component of the organisation.
Year 1: $120,000 net
Year 2: $150,000 net
Year 3: $180,000 net
Year 4: $250,000 net
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
The key roles and responsibilities for the position are as follows:
– Ensuring the views of our young people are respected and form the basis of the organisations
output, creating an environment where young people have ownership of Shopfront and can discover
and nurture their own creativity.
– Working with the Executive Director / CEO and board to develop and execute a fundraising
strategy for the next five years (2019 – 2023).
– Identifying potential philanthropic, corporate and private donors and cultivating relationships.
Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with all donors and potential donors;
regularly communicating with them about the work of Shopfront and ensuring opportunities for
them to volunteer and see the organisation in action.
– Working with the Executive Director / CEO to develop earned income opportunities for the
– Grant writing and acquittals.
– Building and managing a reporting program for corporate and philanthropic partners as well as
– Identifying and securing partners and funding opportunities for major capital development of the
– Organising small, creative fundraising events.
– Creating and executing annual and event‐related fundraising campaigns.
– Working with the team to create and execute a strategy for increasing Shopfront membership.
– Supporting the marketing strategy requirements of the Playwave initiative.
– Keeping accurate, up‐to‐date records of all interactions with donors / potential donors in our Salesforce database
– Ensuring compliance with organisational policies and procedures
– Participating in and attending relevant meetings as required
– Participating in staff development and training activities as required
– Having an on-the-ground presence, welcoming the public and the local community into our centre, explaining what we do, and forging links into the community. This is a requirement of the entire Shopfront team.
– Act as a representative of Shopfront at industry or other events from time to time as required.
– Other development‐related tasks as required by the Executive Director / CEO.
– Manage own role and responsibilities in a varied work environment
– Pursue new skills and knowledge for personal and organisational development
– Contribute to and champion the development of Shopfront through participation in planning and
review processes, staff meetings and other activities as required.
About the Organisation
Shopfront is a space where young people come together to express themselves; to learn, share and bring their imaginations to life. It’s a space for celebrating the amazing ideas and creativity generated by young people and emerging artists.
We believe all young people have a right to expression – no matter their background or ability. That finding their voice and ensuring it is heard is crucial to them, as it is to Australia’s cultural landscape. This belief is intrinsic to the Shopfront process of creation.
As a youth-led co-operative, young people have a say in everything we do. Through Shopfront they gain invaluable skills in artistic leadership and community building, shaping and becoming the next generation of creative content makers and community leaders.
We are 41 years old, but we’re young at heart (just like our members). We’re known for our daring, adventurous and socially relevant work with young people across Australia and internationally, and are the only dedicated youth-led arts organisation across Southern Sydney and the Illawarra region.
Shopfront is currently in the first year of a multiyear funding agreement with ArtsNSW, and will commence four year funding with the Australia Council in 2017. Shopfront is also supported by a small number of trusts and foundations including the Matana Foundation, Crown Resorts Foundation, Packer Family Foundation and the St George Foundation.
The Shopfront premises in Southern Sydney was purchased by the Young People in 1978, and is a unique space that has grown around the changing needs of our young members. We are currently working to secure funding to redevelop our building and extend our capacity.
This is a very exciting time in the life cycle of the organisation, with a fresh and bright new future on the horizon. We hope you’ll join us in our mission to empower the young artists and social change makers of tomorrow.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : (02) 9588 3948
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Development Manager via Pro Bono Australia.