About the Role
Are you looking to utilise your Family Practitioner skills and experience in a meaningful and challenging new setting? Do you see the value in supporting vulnerable children and young people? Then we have the job for you !
We’re seeking a Family Practitioner to deliver the new Functional Family Therapy – Child Welfare (FFT – CW) program to children, young people and families across our services in Melbourne/Victoria
OzChild and VACCA are working together to deliver the Functional Family Therapy Child Welfare Program across the Southern Region.
The Functional Family Therapy -Child Welfare Practitioner will work as part of a larger team based in Mornington to deliver a five-phase program to families with children and young people (0-17years). The position requires the practitioner to work through systematically with the family a number of designed modules to meet the family’s needs addressing risks including mental health, substance abuse and family violence.
Practitioners must meet accreditation standards and participate in the required staff training prior to the delivery of the program. Staff are fully supported by an accredited Functional Family Therapy -Child Welfare Team Leader and international support from the developing body.
Functional Family Therapy -Child Welfare is a culturally sensitive program well suited to use with Aboriginal communities and families. It is anticipated that the VACCA practitioner will be engaging with this target group.
The successful applicant will possess:
- A Bachelor Degree/Diploma in Social Work/Psychology or equivalent that is recognised in Australia or extensive experience in the sector.
- Understanding and awareness of the issues experienced by Aboriginal children and families and the ability to effectively communicate with Aboriginal people.
- Satisfactory safety screening (Police and Working with Children Check).
- Gain accreditation in the Functional Family Therapy – Child Welfare (FFT – CW) model and ensure your practice adheres with the model requirements.
- Must be able to drive, provide and maintain valid Driver’s Licence and have access to reliable transportation.
- Family systems theory and application.
- Cognitive-behavioural therapy theory and application alongside a range of other evidence
- based therapeutic skills, tools and techniques.
- Knowledge and skills in ensuring the health and protection of children and young people.
- Knowledge of the Child Protection and Out-Of-Home Care system, standards and practices.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the principles and challenges of supporting vulnerable families
- An understanding of cultural contexts and the unique needs of Aboriginal children and young people.
- Understanding of the broad range of issues impacting on the community services sector.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Effective network development skills.
- Advanced computer skills, including the Microsoft Office suite and email, plus familiarity with web-based information management, communications and accounting systems.
- Personal values consistent with the values of VACCA.
If this sounds like the job you have been looking then do not hesitate to send your application through. Interviews are being conducted this week and you could be in an exciting new role before the end of the month, using your amazing skills and experience to make a difference in families lives.
About the Organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly over-represented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Practitioner – Family Functional Therapy via Pro Bono Australia.