About the Role
Purpose of the position:
- To lead the delivery of the Keep Top End Coasts Healthy
- To work with the community, stakeholders and government to deliver long term protection of the Northern Territory’s marine environment.
- To develop and lead the implementation of campaign strategy that increases public knowledge of the environmental, social and economic values of the Top End’s coasts and seas, and fosters support and engagement for the development of a comprehensive system of protection on the water.
- To work in collaboration with partner organisations, Traditional Owners, tourism, fishing groups and other stakeholders to build on existing public campaigns for better protection of the NT’s marine environment and unique lifestyle.
Primary tasks and responsibilities:
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the campaign.
- Lead relevant media engagement in local, Territory and national media, including working with other stakeholders such as conservation, tourism, fishing, Indigenous and community organisations to engage through print, radio, TV, digital and social media.
- Deliver a program of public activities and events, working with other staff and volunteers.
- Engage with key decision makers including Members of the Legislative Assembly, advisors and government officials.
- Coordinate the production and distribution of relevant communications and social media materials.
- In coordination with AMCS Marine Parks Campaign Manager and campaign partners, develop a clear work plan to deliver the above tasks and responsibilities.
About the Organisation
The Australian Marine Conservation Society is the voice for Australia's oceans. We are an independent not-for profit charity. We deal with the big issues concerning the sea, working on behalf of the community to protect marine wildlife, tackle the major threats to the marine environment and create marine sanctuaries, places in the sea where our wildlife is safe from harm. We are a committed group of professional and passionate scientists, educators and advocates who have defended Australia's oceans for 50 years. More information about AMCS is available here: http://www.amcs.org.au/
More information about the Keep Top End Coasts Healthy campaign can be found here: http://www.topendcoasts.org.au/
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Marine Campaign Coordinator (Northern Territory) via Pro Bono Australia.