About the Role
Are you ready for your next career challenge? Does marketing medical research excite you?
- 12 month maternity leave contract
- Join a small energetic fundraising and marketing team
- Attractive remuneration and salary packaging options
- Camperdown NSW location
Is This You?
- An experienced manager, with supreme interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Someone with significant media management experience
- Someone who loves to find and tell stories, using everything available to you, including copy, images, and video
- Someone with strong writing skills and an ability to produce compelling and convincing copy that you can adapt for different audiences and channels
- Someone with a high degree of initiative and self-drive, with an ability to work in a high-paced environment
The successful applicant will be someone who is able to conceptualise, develop and implement media activities and effective communications that will contribute towards the overall 3-year marketing strategy.
The individual must be able to translate complex scientific language into lay terms in order to deliver comprehensible, but compelling and concise messaging to the media and general public about how the research impacts on patient outcomes and our future human health, whilst reflecting the organisation’s corporate brand image.
This will be via multiple avenues such as;
- media stories on major news,
- media releases (to a general public and scientific audience),
- the annual report,
- quarterly newsletters,
- regular website updates,
- content for social media platforms,
- photography and
The primary objective is to successfully communicate creative and innovative science concepts – generally increasing awareness and recognition, and maintaining a strong brand image by building media, journalist and agency relationships to increase media engagement, public awareness and support of the Centenary Institute.
Full details of the position responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate that they meet the selection criteria.
Opportunity for flexible working hours.
To apply for this role, please email your application to our Human Resources Manager at email@example.com, with a covering letter demonstrating your suitability in terms of the selection criteria, and your CV.
Applications close on Thursday, 29th March 2018
Our vision is to improve human health through excellence in medical research. We believe that medical research is the best hope we have of ensuring every person has the chance to lead a healthier and longer life, and protect future generations.
Centenary Institute of Cancer Medicine And Cell Biology is a centre of excellence in medical research affiliated with the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and the University of Sydney located at Camperdown.
For more information about Centenary please visit our website www.centenary.org.au
The Centenary Institute supports Equal Employment Opportunity. We value diversity and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disability, LGBTIQ individuals and applicants of diverse cultures and ages.
About the Organisation
The Centenary Institute of Cancer Medicine and Cell Biology is a non-profit independent medical research institute and the Centenary Institute Medical Research Foundation is the fundraising entity of the Institute.
The Institute opened in 1989 to celebrate the centenaries of the Sydney University Medical School and the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital. Our Vision is ‘to improve human health through excellence in medical research’. We believe that medical research is the best hope we have of ensuring every person has the chance to lead a healthier and longer life, and protect future generations.
Our scientists and clinicians strive for creativity and excellence in discovering improved diagnostics, treatments, and cures for cancer, inflammation and cardiovascular diseases.
The Foundation is responsible for raising funds and awareness to support the research conducted by the Centenary Institute.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Human Resources Manager
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for the role: please email your application to email@example.com
Applications must include:
- A cover letter addressing the essential skills,
- Curriculum vitae (CV) and
- Full contact details of at least two recent professional referees.
Please quote in application: Media and Communications Manager (Maternity leave role) via Pro Bono Australia.